advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the Roman or any other empire the screaming normally starts when the game is up. You rarely get realisation that your previous behaviour and control is approaching the end and there is no way of reversing it.

In fairness, I don't the the EU is quite at that stage yet, but you're right, it's probably not far off.

Another example of a dodo just before extinction. Muddling on in a parallel universe when the ship has sailed. Everyone knows Bojo wears the empires new clothes and is an empty vessel. He holds complete responsibility from start to finish for Brexit, Irish Protocol, deterioration etc etc caused by his leadership and desire for power. No amount of bull or hot air can hide that fact.

Honestly, you do talk some funny old twaddle at times. Responsibility for Brexit lies in large measure with the EU, and in smaller but not lesser measure with Ted Heath and John Major. I should imagine Boris was still a mewling infant at his mother's teat when the serious mendacity began, although he did spend formative years in Brussels. He even went to primary school with Ursula, so he learned how it all works right there at the fetid heart of the thing.

When the Brexit- induced crises really get going, no doubt you’ll be in simulated shell shock- deliriously unaware of very deep trouble Britain is in and Boris won’t be putting a gun to his head above the shop- he’ll be in the Caribbean at someone else’s expense writing his memoirs with a handsome advance from Aidan Barclay or Rupert Murdoch.

Well he may be.

I remember back in the late 1970s when the predicted new ice age was frightening everybody half witless, some pundit said that should there be an earthquake in Tokyo, the world economy would come crashing down.

In fairness, I don't the the EU is quite at that stage yet, but you're right, it's probably not far off.

Honestly, you do talk some funny old twaddle at times. Responsibility for Brexit lies in large measure with the EU, and in smaller but not lesser measure with Ted Heath and John Major. I should imagine Boris was still a mewling infant at his mother's teat when the serious mendacity began, although he did spend formative years in Brussels. He even went to primary school with Ursula, so he learned how it all works right there at the fetid heart of the thing.

Ah you have been just indulging in too much good wine. It make you see everything back to front( Translating to how we say it over here you are talking through your backside)

The EU didn’t ask for brexit.

fingers-in-ears-and-go-la-la-la.png

The ERG may demand that Heath is dug up, tried by Jacob Rees Mogg (dressed as a hanging judge) and his remains hung out at Tyburn. Steve Baker is 46.

Oh for goodness sake, the blame lies squarely with the liars and speculators who have driven this hugely expensive disaster and to a lesser extent the people who too easily bought groundless optimism over reality.

Don't forget the hard remainers ( people with six packs and muscly arms) who voted the wrong way. They are 99.99% to blame depending on who you talk to. ;)

EUphiliacs and BJloathiacs brook no dissent. I'm trying to work it out. Which comes first, the blind love for the one, or the blind hatred for the other?

Last edited:
Everyone can see that Johnson is an exceptional Prime Minister, none of us have witnessed anything like this in our life time. What will be his epitaph- the leader that undid the Good Friday Agreement and returned violence, broke up the British Union, unlawfully closed Parliament or damaged Britain’s reputation as a nation that honoured its word and the rule of law?

Brexit is his house of cards, drawn from a pack of lies and it will come crashing down, the country along with it.

EUphiliacs and BJloathiacs brook no dissent. I'm trying to work it out. Which comes first, the blind love for the one, or the blind hatred for the other?

You are definitely not the one to talk about blind hatred. The hypocrisy scale just hit bright red.

As for the rest of that, you don't need to be in love with anything to spot con artists scapegoating others to advance themselves. Any standards you ever had, or interest in the welfare of the UK, were sacrificed on your personal ideological altar as we watched. From the objective EU sceptic one nation Tory you presented as originally, to the Redwood/Bone nutter who is happy to sacrifice anything to achieve this UK wrecking shambles.

MIchelle went to a funeral with Mary lou.

Katie hopped over from Liverpool to support her latest passsion. Maybe EV is in the crowd spreading the love.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0619/1229069-rally-newtownards-protocol-dup/

A Brexit Party stool- entering N.Ireland to weaponise Brexit further. Northern ireland is the powder keg that will blow first. These people are fully responsible.

“Mr Habib told the crowd: "The real villains in this story are the EU and the Irish Government, because they have falsified and misrepresented entirely what the customs border on the island of Ireland would be”.

-the big lie must be protected for as long as possible.

A Brexit Party stool- entering N.Ireland to weaponise Brexit further. Northern ireland is the powder keg that will blow first. These people are fully responsible.

“Mr Habib told the crowd: "The real villains in this story are the EU and the Irish Government, because they have falsified and misrepresented entirely what the customs border on the island of Ireland would be”.

-the big lie must be protected for as long as possible.

Who is bankrolling her?

I am off on holidays for a week I expect the Brexity blokes will be along shortly advising look over there, don't look here nothing to see.
No sign of Derek Davis to explain the easiest deal in the world or Dommo Rabb to explain how important ports are?

Meanwhile more teething problems
https://www.irishtimes.com/business...-drink-exports-to-eu-by-almost-half-1.4597063

You are definitely not the one to talk about blind hatred. The hypocrisy scale just hit bright red.

As for the rest of that, you don't need to be in love with anything to spot con artists scapegoating others to advance themselves. Any standards you ever had, or interest in the welfare of the UK, were sacrificed on your personal ideological altar as we watched. From the objective EU sceptic one nation Tory you presented as originally, to the Redwood/Bone nutter who is happy to sacrifice anything to achieve this UK wrecking shambles.

My dislike of the EU certainly increases in its intensity, but it is neither blind nor unconsidered. I acknowledge the good that it - or its predecessor in the EEC - has done. Objectivity is certainly a difficult thing to hold on to in this highly polarising debate, but I try. I research as carefully as I can, and I take care to read the other side of the debate.

The other thing in this context is that I can't stand Johnson either, but I saw him, given the dearth of choice, as a necessity. The country voted to leave the EU after a campaign that was pretty toxic on both sides, but May then embarked on a desperate process that would have resulted in the UK being bound by EU laws in perpetuity, and the evidence is right in front of us that the EU would have used those laws to hobble the UK whilst retaining its lucrative market. We would, as one of the officials delightedly ejaculated in that excruciating fly on the wall documentary, have become the EU's 'first colony'.

The EU has been vindictive, and characteristically mendacious, a long displayed trait of which May was either incomprehensibly naive, or artfully forgiving. Johnson seems, often to his cost, to lack spite, but he has no shortage of mendacity. He is also a child of the EU, and was brought up in its inner sanctums. He knows exactly how it ticks.

I have no doubt that Johnson had little intention of keeping to the text of the NIP both as he negotiated it, and when he signed it. I maintain, however, that he had little choice. It was a significant improvement over the trap of May's backstop, and despite being liberally sown with traps of its own, signing it was the only way left of kicking the process forward towards the goal, considered essential by most commentators at the time, of an FTA. The protocol, however, is toxic, and the only way in which it can possibly work is by soft-touch oversight and compromise. The EU is refusing to countenance either.

I say it again, you, and the handful of other continuity remainers who post to this thread, are united in two things, a seething loathing of Johnson, beside which everything else falls to nothing, and an obsequience to the EU which brooks absolutely no criticism whatsover of the institutions themselves, their conduct throughout this process, or to their personnel. The only mendacity is Johnson’s.

You may have noticed that our imperfect democracy is beginning to express its dissatisfaction with Johnson, and it's starting in the blue-rinsed tory homelands. That's the way it works. The EU, however, continues.

Who is bankrolling her?

I am off on holidays for a week I expect the Brexity blokes will be along shortly advising look over there, don't look here nothing to see.
No sign of Derek Davis to explain the easiest deal in the world or Dommo Rabb to explain how important ports are?

Meanwhile more teething problems
https://www.irishtimes.com/business...-drink-exports-to-eu-by-almost-half-1.4597063
What’s chilling about a collapse of food exports on that scale ( halved) is that job losses and bankruptcy will surely follow. No doubt Luz Truss will say they didn’t take up the govt website that told them how to ship their fresh produce to Singapore.

My dislike of the EU certainly increases in its intensity, but it is neither blind nor unconsidered. I acknowledge the good that it - or its predecessor in the EEC - has done. Objectivity is certainly a difficult thing to hold on to in this highly polarising debate, but I try. I research as carefully as I can, and I take care to read the other side of the debate.

The other thing in this context is that I can't stand Johnson either, but I saw him, given the dearth of choice, as a necessity. The country voted to leave the EU after a campaign that was pretty toxic on both sides, but May then embarked on a desperate process that would have resulted in the UK being bound by EU laws in perpetuity, and the evidence is right in front of us that the EU would have used those laws to hobble the UK whilst retaining its lucrative market. We would, as one of the officials delightedly ejaculated in that excruciating fly on the wall documentary, have become the EU's 'first colony'.

The EU has been vindictive, and characteristically mendacious, a long displayed trait of which May was either incomprehensibly naive, or artfully forgiving. Johnson seems, often to his cost, to lack spite, but he has no shortage of mendacity. He is also a child of the EU, and was brought up in its inner sanctums. He knows exactly how it ticks.

I have no doubt that Johnson had little intention of keeping to the text of the NIP both as he negotiated it, and when he signed it. I maintain, however, that he had little choice. It was a significant improvement over the trap of May's backstop, and despite being liberally sown with traps of its own, signing it was the only way left of kicking the process forward towards the goal, considered essential by most commentators at the time, of an FTA. The protocol, however, is toxic, and the only way in which it can possibly work is by soft-touch oversight and compromise. The EU is refusing to countenance either.

I say it again, you, and the handful of other continuity remainers who post to this thread, are united in two things, a seething loathing of Johnson, beside which everything else falls to nothing, and an obsequience to the EU which brooks absolutely no criticism whatsover of the institutions themselves, their conduct throughout this process, or to their personnel. The only mendacity is Johnson’s.

You may have noticed that our imperfect democracy is beginning to express its dissatisfaction with Johnson, and it's starting in the blue-rinsed tory homelands. That's the way it works. The EU, however, continues.
There’s more than a whiff of florid paranoia in your posts these days.

They’re all out to get us…their mendacity/ Johnson corrupted by his EU childhood/theyre hobbling us/Boris corrupted by Ursula at primary school. Meanwhile our plucky imperfect little democracy soldiers bravely along. It’s as though we have no agency in all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back