advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I didn't end up visiting any distilleries today (although I passed close to quite a few, including Edradour and Dalwhinnie as well as the ones near Tomintoul) but I did visit the whisky shop in the village and bought a bottle of Tomintoul 16 to celebrate picking up the keys for my weekend place there. Not tried it yet (trying to decide whether to try it tonight of keep if for my first dram in the cottage) but the reviews are decent and it's quite cheap for a 16.

I am looking forward to improving my knowledge of Speyside malts by visiting every distillery that's nearby!

Delivered today: much earlier than anticipated, Bunnahabhain 12yo and much later than anticipated, Classic Laddie that I bought on ‘Daft Saturday’. That’s two high quality bottles for £60.

This arrived yesterday. Been wanting to try a Clynelish for a while, and this came up at a decent price for a higher abv.

game-of-thrones-house-tyrell-clynelish-reserve-p5224-12053_image.jpg

Interesting info on the Bruichladdich site where you can enter code from Classic Laddie to view cask make up:
https://www.bruichladdich.com/laddie-shop/bruichladdich/bruichladdich-the-classic-laddie/
My batch is 21/103 - the code is printed around the base of the bottle.
A vatting of 77 casks (36 from 2013; so 8yrs old minimum), 4 vintages, 3 barley types and 11 cask types (54 first fill bourbon). The Blender has been working hard!
Youngest is 2013 with a few entries for older casks redacted due to SWA rules.

My batch is 21/103.

Snap. A distillery of real integrity imo. Looking forward to visiting it ( and first taste this evening). Have to say I’m not enamoured with the opaque turquoise bottle though. I like to see the colour and quantity of my whisky! I forsee a future moment of disappointment as I pour a last dram only to find the angels have had it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back