advertisement

Complete moron on a bike

Mongeddavid

pfm Member
Just been to pick up my Mrs on the way back going round a roundabout a cyclist on a kind of trick bike thought it would impress his mates if he went round said roundabout the wrong way. He may have have got away with it but as he was travelling pretty fast he could not maintain the apex he was aiming for running wide and smack into the front of my car. I was a bit shaken but no damage to him or my car his bike was a bit of mess though.
What kind of idiot thinks its a good idea to pull a stunt like that he was well lucky he didn't get hurt or worse.
Id say he was in his mid 20s so not a child

I had a cyclist call me a ****er! He claimed that he had the right of way because he was going straight on. This was on a roundabout that I had already entered before he crossed the "Give-Way" markings.

Did you report it to the police? Have a dashcam? Take photos?
My first thought (in this shitty world) is that you'll be expecting an insurance claim..

Many kids have such low esteem that the risks they take have a different proportion in the cost benefit analysis than in most of us

I might call the police but only to inform them of the situation I do have a dash cam but sods law i disconnected it the other day when i was cleaning the car and forgot to plug it back in.

Did you report it to the police? Have a dashcam? Take photos?
My first thought (in this shitty world) is that you'll be expecting an insurance claim..

yep, I’d be in to report that regardless of whether you took his details . Or should I say especially if you didn’t take details and/or didn’t give him your insurance details. Regardless of his ludicrous act it meets the definition of accident and if he’s injured you’re obligated . Cover yourself.

Most insurance policies will ask that you inform them but my post is the legal requirement, not the contractual one. There's not much, if anything, that insurers will do if you tell them late but the requirement to tell them isn't linked to telling the police.

Starting to get a few idiots on fast electric bikes in Colchester, maybe they should need to pass some basic test before being allowed on public roads.

No idea about the difference between pavement and road and i have had one going the wrong way expecting cars to pull out.

The actress Lisa Banes has died in NY after a hit run by a dick on one of these stupid new electric scooters.

After being a cyclist in a crowded inner city for twenty years I’ve come to hate 4x4, esp bmw types. Apart from absurd blind spots just right height to miss a cyclist, their size on city roads esp those on which people park makes them a hazard. Drivers struggle to get past bikes so often get angry and drive aggressively, or worse misjudge gap and wack me with wing mirror after which I get shouted at for leaving blood on paint.
I used to see more Chelsea tractors in town than I now see in new forest, most common car here is new style mini or thirty year old landy.

Starting to get a few idiots on fast electric bikes in Colchester, maybe they should need to pass some basic test before being allowed on public roads.

No idea about the difference between pavement and road and i have had one going the wrong way expecting cars to pull out.
This morning I had to stop at a school crossing (lollipop lady) while a kid on an electric scooter crossed the road. WTF ?

I don’t know about cyclists, but there are plenty of morons driving Audis.
Sadly true and I really hesitated before scratching the convertible itch and picking up a TT roadster last month. I’m likely to get banned by the trend crowd though as I’m averaging about 45mpg (petrol) and probably by the NSA (national hairdressers association) and hoping my self haircuts for well over a year now will qualify. Heck, I’ll even become an air stewardess if it’s the price to pay, so enjoyable is the car. I couldn’t bring myself to drive a beemer though even I were given one.

I’m with Matt J though, there are idiots on foot, in brands, in cars, on bikes, motorbikes, vans, lorries et al. My favourite times for driving generally are early morning and during the evening.

advertisement

Back