advertisement

St Ives

On grauniad site right now is photo of the Biden's going for a nice stroll with bozo and princess nut nut on a perfectly empty beach.... no doubt anyone else wanting to use it turfed off by special branch!
FYI Carbis Bay beach is privately owned by the Carbis Bay hotel. They usually let us plebs have free access to their pristine beach and only charge for car parking in high season. The rest of the year parking is free. Also because its off the tourist track (unlike St Ives) its never that full even in high season except for those of us who know about it!

We have no complaints.

If someone wants a beach there are several crowded ones in St Ives a few minutes by bus/train or a 20 min fantastic walk over the cliff tops. My wife and I always take the scenic cliff walk just for the pleasure. It is that good.

Looking forward to our September visit.

Cheers,

DV

Despite a rather good train service from Paddington Boris flew to Cornwall via Stanstead....
Believe it not flying is or rather was when we did it cheaper, easier and quicker than taking the train. We mostly drive the 370 miles but we have used the plane to Newquay and then a hire car to Carbis Bay when Flybe was around.

Cheers,

DV

Believe it not flying is or rather was when we did it cheaper, easier and quicker than taking the train. We mostly drive the 370 miles but we have used the plane to Newquay and then a hire car to Carbis Bay when Flybe was around.

Cheers,

DV

Yes, Brymon Airways to Plymouth. Cheaper than the train. Those were the days!

We went to St Ives for our honeymoon in 2014. It was lovely. We stayed in a lovely B&B called the Tide House - they did the most fantastic breakfasts. We went there by train - Paddington - St Erth then the branch to St Ives.

Lovely memories.

I was given a book when I moved from up North to southern England. The entry for the southwest characterised the locals as sounding like Pirates and having a weird penchant for voting Liberal Democrat.

Just heard back from our letting agents and apparently we had CNN staying in our pad that was within the ring-of-steel near the Carbis Bay Hotel.

Apparently the event was well planned and managed with some fascinating planes, helicopters, cars, boats and so on as well as the most police anyone would expect to see in a lifetime. So the feedback I'm getting from the locals directly is very promising.

Cheers,

DV

Johnson.........Putin

Just sayin'

iu

iu

And don’t get me started on it’s aircraft!

Come on they're only £100+Million a piece what's wrong with you other than wanting to create a very long list of alternatives uses for the money let alone the what £3billion the boats cost in the first place.........;)

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back