advertisement

Sugden MusicMaster

hmmm musing, as I'm sat here toasting marshmallows on my Sugden A21SE, theoretically I could use the A21se as a pre-amp, would putting this as power amp actually add anything to the system musically?

Had one years ago, can't remember how good it was, knowing me back then it probably wasn't very well matched with other kit. Rare as rocking horse shit these days.

Hmm I managed to snag one on here some years ago, but i didn’t really have suitable speakers at the time so it didn’t stay. Pretty sure I paid less than £500 but they don’t come around very often so it is a sellers market.

I’m sure someone on here had theirs modified by Sugden - to increase standing current? - and make it usable with a wider range of speakers. Or am I losing my marbles?

I’m sure someone on here had theirs modified by Sugden - to increase standing current? - and make it usable with a wider range of speakers. Or am I losing my marbles?

That would be me - a modification that Sugden accidentally reversed when replacing a bridge rectifier - differences were not subtle, and it went straight back to Sugden to be 'remodified'.

This, as Lee knows well, is an astonishingly good amplifier when deployed appropriately - those 16 watts go an awfully long way...
I have now substantially upgraded every other part of my system, and the Sugden is going nowhere

It would be interesting to know who ended up with this one

That is a lot for 16 whole watts. I would expect about £750 for one of those, as the masterclass are a lot better.

advertisement

Back