advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

We have this thing called the internet now :D

Yes yes… but you’re not protecting your car’s identity by blotting out the reg on here - it’s on display all day long… you can’t hide it. what’s the chance of some crim Googling your make/model/colour/year and hitting on your image on pfm?

Yes yes… but you’re not protecting your car’s identity by blotting out the reg on here - it’s on display all day long… you can’t hide it. what’s the chance of some crim Googling your make/model/colour/year and hitting on your image on pfm?

More likely than him randomly walking around my neighbourhood looking for my exact make/model/colour and finding it.

You think some crim is going to be arsed walking around looking for one on the street when this takes two seconds?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sil...XEi1wKHfoLBnwQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1280&bih=616

Jesus wept if anyone fancies a full on cardio workout then buy a tin of this bloody stuff, no wonder it is still full. Not so much 'wax on, wax off' as 'wax on, stay on'. First time I put the cloth on it to take it off the cloth stuck and my hand carried on, it was like I'd sprayed it with glue.

Sonax Polymer Netshield. Yes, it can be a bit handful. The paint has to be absolutely clean (they sell stuff called Paint Prepare basically IPA) and its best put half a panel on, thinly, then take it straight off. If you can be arsed wuth that, its pretty easy to use and very, very good. You can use it on the car’s plastic parts too, darkens them nicely too.

I tapped the e39-shaped KinderEgg open again on Friday; it's actually revealed as ..remarkably shiney.

But having signed-up for this: https://www.buglife.org.uk/get-involved/surveys/bugs-matter/ ..I await my splat-o-meter; a worthwhile opposite of 'detailing' ;)

That sounds like a fun challenge, I certainly collected some on an A-road blast on the way home tonight, and for the joy of detailing to work, you do have to collect some dirt to clean off, the result is then much more satisfying :)

I await my splat-o-meter!

Update on an opposite of detailing: scooped the existing bugsplat off and gave it a decent wash& clean - and went for an early drive out; at the first break,Brecon, then counted splattered bugs!

Curiously satisfying : )

IMG_6920_600px.jpg

IMG_6923_600px.jpg

32 on a 7 inch headlight in about 5 miles.
It was like rain but in greenfly based, my leather jacket was moving with part killed insects, thank God I had my visor down or I would have looked like the Hulk.

Pete

Update on an opposite of detailing: scooped the existing bugsplat off and gave it a decent wash& clean - and went for an early drive out; at the first break,Brecon, then counted splattered bugs!

IMG_6920_600px.jpg

IMG_6923_600px.jpg

As 'boring' as I personally think the Style 37s are...

They are such a good looking wheel and suit the E39 to a tee...

For me, I prefer Style 32s on the touring though... Just wish I could find some genuine E39 18" 32s... Like hens teeth!

Heathen! M Parallels are to an E39 are what Mtech2 'Throwing Stars' are to the older E34: deep-dish goodness ;)

(also- so easy to clean: and now we return you to our scheduled programme..: )

Haha yup...

You know I like to go against the grain :D

They are lovely wheel, but done to death IMO... ;)

IMG_6923_600px.jpg
I've always had a thing for the E39 (especially the Sports) and E46 coupé BMWs - they just really nailed the design in that era. Your 535i looks superb.

Gratuitous pic of my old 330Ci Sport's best angle:

beW61hVl.jpg

Still in a BMW but it doesn't have the same inherent 'rightness' to the design.

Heathen! M Parallels are to an E39 are what Mtech2 'Throwing Stars' are to the older E34: deep-dish goodness ;)

(also- so easy to clean: and now we return you to our scheduled programme..: )
I rather liked the Contour rims on my old E36 - the dish on the rears was lovely!

bvgL6Kzl.jpg

Actually looking at that pic again has made me want another E36 convertible...

I wasn't a fan of the E90 on launch, but looking back I like it quite a lot now, which is why I bought one.

Both my touring & the wifes Tin Cup, sorry, Racing Jazz :D have both had full interior & exterior washes today... Both were orange with all the recent building work and the dust that's in the air currently

Hoovered inside to within an inch of their lives (windows have been open all week due to the heat and they were full of dust and dandelion clocks; my headliner was absolutely covered :mad:

All plastics and dash wiped down and cleaned; all glass cleaned (AG Fast Glass), AG Autofresh applied and then onto the outside...

Rinsed off; Bilt Hamber snowfoam applied; wheel cleaned, rinsed, washed with AG Ultimate High Definition shampoo, rinsed, AG Polar Seal applied, rinsed, towel dried; black exterior plastic on mine treated with GTechniq C4, tyres treated with Chemical Guys Tire & Trim Gel:

I've 2 of these for car drying and they're superb (bough a year or so back and not at that price though FYI, so maybe shop around):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042Z0LEO/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Black trim restorer: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IOMDUN0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Both my touring & the wifes Tin Cup, sorry, Racing Jazz :D have both had full interior & exterior washes today... Both were orange with all the recent building work and the dust that's in the air currently

Hoovered inside to within an inch of their lives (windows have been open all week due to the heat and they were full of dust and dandelion clocks; my headliner was absolutely covered :mad:

All plastics and dash wiped down and cleaned; all glass cleaned (AG Fast Glass), AG Autofresh applied and then onto the outside...

Rinsed off; Bilt Hamber snowfoam applied; wheel cleaned, rinsed, washed with AG Ultimate High Definition shampoo, rinsed, AG Polar Seal applied, rinsed, towel dried; black exterior plastic on mine treated with GTechniq C4, tyres treated with Chemical Guys Tire & Trim Gel:

I've 2 of these for car drying and they're superb (bough a year or so back and not at that price though FYI, so maybe shop around):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042Z0LEO/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Black trim restorer: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IOMDUN0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
That looks fantastic, but what's with the square rather than standard rectangular number plates...?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
That looks fantastic, but what's with the square rather than standard rectangular number plates...?

Mines a Jap import; so it retains the Jap/US spec OEM import number plate plinths :)

I do have the front OEM number plate plinth for a UK plate and the rear one just unbolts; but I prefer the square plates ;)

Mines a Jap import; so it retains the Jap/US spec OEM import number plate plinths :)

I do have the front OEM number plate plinth for a UK plate and the rear one just unbolts; but I prefer the square plates ;)
Makes sense - unusual to see a Jap import BMW, usually they're Japanese cars! Seems yours went the long way round... :D

I'd feel a bit of a fraud posting my current car as I've never actually cleaned it myself - I take it to the valeting company behind my office in the morning and it comes back shiny in time for me to drive home..!

Makes sense - unusual to see a Jap import BMW, usually they're Japanese cars! Seems yours went the long way round... :D

I'd feel a bit of a fraud posting my current car as I've never actually cleaned it myself - I take it to the valeting company behind my office in the morning and it comes back shiny in time for me to drive home..!

Becoming more & more popular now; more so the German makes...

Their condition is generally immaculate; mine has zero corrosion to it at all, anywhere, all down to how a majority of Japan doesn't use any salt on their roads and their cars are generally much better looked after :)

And yes; booo/hiss...; gerrof the stage you fraud :D

advertisement

Back