advertisement

Rega power chord

Nope, you gave a view of one company (although provided no documentation to support it) , which would oppose another's, as above. So no real point as far as I could see.

Ask them to pop on a make a statement?

Show me one company who can prove that a mains cable will make a difference and show the documentation to prove it and an independent organisation that will verify it.

Show me one company who can prove that a mains cable will make a difference and show the documentation to prove it and an independant (sic) organisation that will verify it.

Not something that interests me enough to invest time in, I never claimed one did.

I don't. Looks gash, but if it sounds better than the other one, Id use it and hide it, but having used these cables, they are only just a small step up from the freebie, but there is a difference.

I am only interested in looks and wouldn't spend too much. I just don't like spaghetti like black free cables but appreciate they do the job too.

I am only interested in looks and wouldn't spend too much. I just don't like spaghetti like black free cables but appreciate they do the job too.

Mine are all fairly well hidden (unless you look!) , although my Hifi does need to look good overall, Im personally less concerned how the cables look...performance over style, but if you can get both, then jobs a good'un for me.

I use Cardas Golden Cross for pretty much all my cables, not the best lookers but nicer than bellwire from BQ.

I found out which components were used in the Rega power cord and made a copy. Except I used a slightly heavier version of the cable itself, which was a mistake. It was almost impossible to get it into the plugs! I got it done eventually after much coloured language.

I tried it on my Saturn-R CD player, Rega DAC and my LP12 power supply but I didn't feel it was worth having on any of them. I gave it away.

Could I hear a difference? Yes. It was worse. The best sounding mains cable I've hear is the standard Naim one but I guess best is subjective.

Got a Rega power cable for my Aria 3, to replace the bundled power cable, and there was an instantly noticeable improvement in clarity and dynamics. The improvement was also commented on by my partner, and she has better hearing than me.
So will the doubters please explain how these improvements are possible. Perhaps it only work with electronics like phono stages.
Too many pour scorn on such things, without taking the time to try.
Buy one, try it, and if you can’t hear a difference, return it, for a refund.

Well I had two of these, one on my Saturn and the other on my Elicit and it was one of the most cost effective upgrades I've made , especially bought second hand.

It easily opened up the mix and gave much greater insight into the performance. I remember hearing St. Vincent's Masseduction through it and was very pleasantly surprised at the difference made.

The proof is in the listening for me.

Why did iec and kettle cord become the norm? Safety regs I assume, foreign markets etc.
much as I value after market cords it would seem better if a maker who valued quality wire fitted what pleased them in factory.

advertisement

Back