advertisement

Magazine

Just read a tweet that Real Life was released 43 years ago this month, on 2nd June 1978.
A brilliant debut album that has been out of print for too long on vinyl and CD.
About time it had a reissue me thinks ....

A superb album. I shall dig my copy out for a spin. I’m amazed it is currently unavailable.

I’ve got soft spot for ‘correct use’ as first I heard, unfortunately didn’t even know of band till after split, now have them all except sessions.

Just read a tweet that Real Life was released 43 years ago this month, on 2nd June 1978.
A brilliant debut album that has been out of print for too long on vinyl and CD.
About time it had a reissue me thinks ....
I rediscovered it around 2014 and then again last year when I bought a CD. A little after that, I discovered a vinyl copy I probably bought in the 80s that I'd completely forgotten about. Easily in my top 5 albums from the 77-79 period (now I'm thinking what the others would be: Ramones - Leave Home/The Clash and...)

It would seem that "Secondhand Daylight" is also OOP.

I'm pretty sure the entire Magazine catalogue is out of print - which is a disgrace.

I'm finding it harder and harder to find more and more artists and bands output that is still available. Even S/H prices are going through the roof unless you happen to see something you want in a charity shop.

One of my all time favourite bands. Bought it all on release, including The Correct Use Of Soap with the sleeve that smelled of soap (sadly it’s worn off).
What you must avoid at all costs though is the album they made when they reformed. God it’s awful.

Missed the Astoria one
We were spoilt for gigs in those days: Tiffanys on Mondays, The Aquarius Wednesdays, Astoria Thursdays, Clouds Fridays, then the Nite Klub Fridays and Saturdays and Valentinos on Sundays

Secondhand Daylight is my favourite too although Play runs it close just for the little guitar solo on Parade.

My copy of Magic Murder is pristine probably because I didn't play it to death.

I bought No Thyself when it came out and rather like it.

Never massively keen on Soap for some reason.

advertisement

Back