advertisement

Delia Derbyshire doc-drama

I enjoyed the programme, but didn’t enjoy the acting/dramatisation. I would have preferred a straight documentary. Well worth a viewing.

The idea of her getting wrecked in the studio is debatable, I hope it did happen, but not so sure.
Certainly Delia was one of a kind, and definitely held back by men, as women are nowadays, still.

Don’t be put off, it was very good, and I loved the way Cosey was lurking in the background at times almost as a ghost of the future.

I enjoyed the programme, but didn’t enjoy the acting/dramatisation. I would have preferred a straight documentary. Well worth a viewing.

The idea of her getting wrecked in the studio is debatable, I hope it did happen, but not so sure.
Certainly Delia was one of a kind, and definitely held back by men, as women are nowadays, still.

I was sure sick of that bike being pushed around by the end of it, and as you mention I think it created as many myths as it tried to debunk. I’m familiar with DD’s work beyond Dr. Who, but the programme left me thinking the unthinkable - was her work really on a par with some of her female contemporaries, such as Elaine Radigue, Beatrice Ferreyra, Daphne Oram, Pauline Oliveros, Else Marie Pade, Christina Kubisch?

Finally watched most of it. I found it so annoying that I turned it off about two thirds of the way through. Apart from the fact that the actress playing her was gorgeous (Caroline Catz?) it was largely nonsense. I loved the bits of her standing up to the old boy network though......

advertisement

Back