advertisement

Rega power chord

RoA

pfm Member
https://www.harrowaudiohifi.co.uk/e...0w8gldwcjsg0_3b0nralblesf2lykczeaavijealw_wcb

Interesting that even purveyors of 'down to earth' hifi products have something like this in their portfolio.

I can't say I can hear any different by using my 'fancy' power cables but they sure as heck look better than kettle leads.

My B&W Actives came with the puniest, thin figure 8 leads. I'm sourcing some better looking ones as we speak.

You eat with your eyes ... you hear with your eyes.

No but they sure miss out on part of the pleasure (and probably save money because of it)

They don't, as their other senses grow in sensitivity, thus increasing precision and definition - more 'pleasure' during pleasurable things (and increased crapness for shit stuff like traffic etc). No money to be saved. Spend what you choose.

Reactions: RoA
https://www.harrowaudiohifi.co.uk/e...0w8gldwcjsg0_3b0nralblesf2lykczeaavijealw_wcb

Interesting that even purveyors of 'down to earth' hifi products have something like this in their portfolio.

I can't say I can hear any different by using my 'fancy' power cables but they sure as heck look better than kettle leads.

My B&W Actives came with the puniest, thin figure 8 leads. I'm sourcing some better looking ones as we speak.

You eat with your eyes ... you hear with your eyes.
They realized there is a huge market for this and a possibility to increase their revenues so they moved forward no matter what, cannot blame them. Silly price IMO though.
My dream would be to have an amplifier manufacturer that supplies THE right power cord that fits best with their amp with a little notice saying: we’ve done hundreds of tests and the power cord supplied with this amplifier is the best you can get mr. customer.
Rega remains a highly regarded manufacturer to me anyway.

They realized there is a huge market for this and a possibility to increase their revenues so they moved forward no matter what, cannot blame them. Silly price IMO though.
My dream would be to have an amplifier manufacturer that supplies THE right power cord that fits best with their amp with a little notice saying: we’ve done hundreds of tests and the power cord supplied with this amplifier is the best you can get mr. customer.
Rega remains a highly regarded manufacturer to me anyway.

They should simply fit captive mains leads. Simples. If I made any gear for sale I'd do just that.

We provide perfectly adequate and appropriate mains leads with all of our electronics, we are aware however that some people may like to change the aforementioned lead for something different, so we employ an IEC socket rather than captive lead to allow them to do so without comment, recommendation or necessary approval.

We also offer a better quality (in terms of mains and IEC plugs and shielded cable) lead for people who like to investigate a different lead and they can then come to their own conclusion as to the benefits or otherwise of such replacement.

I thought my answer was in my second sentence.........

Nope, you gave a view of one company (although provided no documentation to support it) , which would oppose another's, as above. So no real point as far as I could see.

Ask them to pop on a make a statement?

advertisement

Back