advertisement

Blue Note Classic Vinyl Reissues

Was the Horace Silver in short supply, it seems to be gone?

There was a repress scheduled for mid-April, but it doesn't seem to have happened. These things will be done again; I just think with current demand levels and the RSD burden on the plants, they're sitting tight.

Thanks - I've ordered something else recently from HJ's but I unconvinced that they actually have stock as it's not been dispatched.

Since Covid and high online demand I think many shops are having a few problems keeping their websites and stock up to date. I've also found with HJ that if I pay with Paypal there is sometimes a bit of a delay between order acknowledgement and dispatch.

Last week 2 LPs were delivered within 24 hours of ordering from Honest Jon's. Both were factory sealed, but one was faulty. A quick phone call on Monday and a photo of damaged LP by email and a new copy appeared Thursday. That's pretty good service in my book.

Since Covid and high online demand I think many shops are having a few problems keeping their websites and stock up to date. I've also found with HJ that if I pay with Paypal there is sometimes a bit of a delay between order acknowledgement and dispatch.

Last week 2 LPs were delivered within 24 hours of ordering from Honest Jon's. Both were factory sealed, but one was faulty. A quick phone call on Monday and a photo of damaged LP by email and a new copy appeared Thursday. That's pretty good service in my book.

Ah could be the new PayPal arrangements for sellers - I'll give them a chance, seems like a good shop. I ordered the One Flight Up Tone Poet trying to avoid Amazon and careless packing.

There was a repress scheduled for mid-April, but it doesn't seem to have happened. These things will be done again; I just think with current demand levels and the RSD burden on the plants, they're sitting tight.

Repress due July
2020/2021
Pressing plants around the globe have the capacity to manufacture 160 million albums a year, according to the estimate , the current “extraordinary” demand for vinyl looks to be more than double that: somewhere between 320 million and 400 million units

Honest Jon's sent a Blue Note 75 of the Horace Silver (new and sealed from their US supplier) - I don't know if that means anything. I'll just keep hold of it though

Honest Jon's sent a Blue Note 75 of the Horace Silver (new and sealed from their US supplier) - I don't know if that means anything. I'll just keep hold of it though

I've got the BN 75 of this and feel no need to replace or upgrade it. It sound just fine and a whole lot better than the CD is had of it previously.

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin' just arrived. It's come with a poly-lined paper sleeve - much improved.

Edit: There's some distortion on the first track but I can't be bothered sending it back. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin' just arrived. It's come with a poly-lined paper sleeve - much improved.

Edit: There's some distortion on the first track but I can't be bothered sending it back. Anyone else?
Yay for the new inner sleeves!!

I can't hear any distortion on mine but it has got a tiny 4 revolution scratch on the second track on side 1 - not really worth returning it for that.

advertisement

Back