advertisement

Crowded House - 'Dreamers Are Waiting'

BertieWorcester

What-ho!!
Has anyone else partaken of this new offering?

Having liked them throughout the nineties, and enjoyed their renaissance a decade or so ago, I was quite looking forward to this one even though my personal tastes have moved on somewhat.

It's not half-bad IMHO. It's pleasantly listenable, and there's definitely some decent moments on there and the unmistakable CH house sound is still alive and kicking.

The re-adjusted line-up means that you now get three 'Finn's' for the price of one. There's nothing like keeping it in the family I suppose.

I've listened to this a few times - wasn't too sure at first but it improves on repeated listenings.
I particularly like the last few tracks.

I've listened to it a couple of time but there are no songs that really stand out for me. Back in the day, anything Neil Finn did had some fantastic tracks, I haven't heard anything like that from him since the second Finn brothers album.

It definitely isn't bad but I don't expect to make heavy repeated listening.

Didn’t realise the Finns had got back together, will go and look up.
Saw live in 90s , great gig.

I’ve been enjoying this. Although it has made me nostalgic and go back to listen to Together Alone again. What an album!

It is rather splendid isn't it? A great production (Youth), a bit dark and moody (Black & White Boy) and all the better for it IMO. Fingers of Love - what a track.

I find most of the CH/NF/Finn stuff takes a while to get into, but then pays that back over many years.

Sorry to report that Tim isn't in on the party. The Finn's I'm referring to are Neil and his sons Liam and Elroy.

Nick Seymour and Mitchell Froom complete the line-up.

Don't know about IRS (the record label?) but MF the (Woodface and others) producer, who was married to Suzanne Vega for a while.

Mitchell froom played on couple tracks on REM’s document, got feeling he may have production credits somewhere.

advertisement

Back