advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

Rack Kit

pfm Member
Obviously delayed from last year, the competition finally starts tomorrow with Italy against Turkey. England's squad look pretty decent in midfield and attack but defensively we've looked shaky for a while. Looking forward to it all getting going!

Likewise - and added bonus of working at home is that I will be able to see the matches that are usually on during the commute.

Fantasy Football for those so inclined: EURO 2020

Obviously delayed from last year, the competition finally starts tomorrow with Italy against Turkey. England's squad look pretty decent in midfield and attack but defensively we've looked shaky for a while. Looking forward to it all getting going!
You've just started this thread to try and avoid me & @ks.234;)
Interested to read that Mbappé's got the hump because Champion's League winner and soon to be France's all time record scorer Olivier Giroud dared to criticise him for not passing the ball to him enough.
Sounds like he's been spending to much time in the company of a certain Mr. Neymar.
I think England will definitely be undone against a decent attacking side - comme d'habitude.:)

You've just started this thread to try and avoid me & @ks.234;)
Interested to read that Mbappé's got the hump because Champion's League winner and soon to be France's all time record scorer Olivier Giroud dared to criticise him for not passing the ball to him enough.
Sounds like he's been spending to much time in the company of a certain Mr. Neymar.
I think England will definitely be undone against a decent attacking side - comme d'habitude.:)
I'm trying! :mad: :D

Not been able to see any of the friendlies so don't know the form of anyone going into it. I know I've drawn Portgual in our football sweep though and they have some decent players. I think England should get to the QFs, beyond that, I'm not sure.

I actually think the Euros are harder to do well in than the World Cup. Take Brazil and maybe Argentina out of it and it's been won by European clubs for the last 5 tournaments.

Come on, the Germans, my sweepstake team. England too of course, but to meet one of the group of death in the quarters will be a tough ask to progress.

I'm not convinced England will get out of the group in 1st or 2nd place, possibly as a 3rd placed team.

I've put a few quid on Italy to win the thing and I'll be betting a couple of quid on a lot of the matches to add some interest as a neutral.

I didn't even realise it was on until this week. Unusual time to stage a massive European football tournament. In fact, I'll say the same about the Copa de America and the Olympics. Still, I'm sure the organisers know what they are doing.
Or not.

I think Croatia might have something to say about that.
Our central defence really concerns me - Stones can smoke a cigar during most of City's games - playing for England he's going to have to actually defend!
And Scotland.

I think England will finish 3rd in the group, I don’t believe they are anywhere near as good as the hype and you rarely win competitions at this level with so many inexperienced, young players.

I think Croatia might have something to say about that.
Our central defence really concerns me - Stones can smoke a cigar during most of City's games - playing for England he's going to have to actually defend!

The best team Croatia have beaten in their last 12 games is Switzerland and in that time they've lost to Slovenia and Sweden. There's no question England should be favourites for the group.

advertisement

Back