advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get Laphroaig on my first dram the other day, will investigate when it gets opened again! Maybe more like Ardbeg or Bunna perhaps?

Right, I couldn't decide which to go for, so there was only one course of action. The Kilkerran was the heavily peated at cask strength, which was only 3 quid more. And all three from a local wine merchant, which feels much better than buying off of Amazon...

edc0b784768469f3f961e7bae91611e4b4873fad_2_666x500.jpeg

Just got a bottle of Bunna Stiuireadair for my dad for fathers day, for £30.67, and a bottle of Moine seemed to somehow, and entirely accidentally (!) fall into the basket for £33. Not had that one before so look forward to cracking the bottle open soon.

Excellent - where's local to you?
I'm about 20 mins north of Cambridge, and Cambridge Wine Merchants are one of the nearest decent wine & spirts shops. They have 5 or 6 shops within about half an hour, including 3 in Cambridge itself. Mostly the prices are above what you would get on amazon, but I paid less today, and it's really nice to go to the shop itself, rather than delivery.

I'm about 20 mins north of Cambridge, and Cambridge Wine Merchants are one of the nearest decent wine & spirts shops.
They sound very handy to have close by.
It may pay you dividends to build up a good relationship with them...along the lines of "I'm really into these Springbanks...Will you be getting any of their special releases in?"

I didn't get Laphroaig on my first dram the other day, will investigate when it gets opened again! Maybe more like Ardbeg or Bunna perhaps?

Right, I couldn't decide which to go for, so there was only one course of action. The Kilkerran was the heavily peated at cask strength, which was only 3 quid more. And all three from a local wine merchant, which feels much better than buying off of Amazon...

edc0b784768469f3f961e7bae91611e4b4873fad_2_666x500.jpeg

Bloody good going!

Wish we had someone like that local...

The best shop I know which is very un-local is the Whisky Box in Dunkeld... The guy knows his stuff there ;)

I'm about 20 mins north of Cambridge, and Cambridge Wine Merchants are one of the nearest decent wine & spirts shops. They have 5 or 6 shops within about half an hour, including 3 in Cambridge itself. Mostly the prices are above what you would get on amazon, but I paid less today, and it's really nice to go to the shop itself, rather than delivery.

might have to have a look after I have finished at the University on Friday afternoon. Staying a couple of nights in town.

in the mean time I am tucking into this

20210609-212122.jpg

I miss being able to just walk into a shop in Cambridge to chat with someone about whisky and then walk out with a recommended bottle. In addition to the Wine Merchants, there is also a Robert Graham, which have a decent selection, including their own bottlings. I haven't yet found any place with anything beyond the usual supermarket brands here in Exeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back