advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kominski Method on Netflix.
Michael Douglas and a bevy of cameo appearances from ageing actors. Particlarly amusing if you are of the older generation and can relate.
I agree Martin, being an old scroat myself I find it very amusing. Elevated by Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin, & the other good actors. Oh, and a big plus for me - there's no canned laughter!

I agree Martin, being an old scroat myself I find it very amusing. Elevated by Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin, & the other good actors. Oh, and a big plus for me - there's no canned laughter!

Another in agreement here. We have just watched the three series over the past week. Alan Arkin was the star for me, the banter between him and Michael Douglas was very good, very dry. Norman's son, what a dipstick!

Sweet Tooth on Netflix is rather excellent, rather different but very well written & acted.
Very much enjoyed it, hope there is a 2nd series, nice change from the usual stuff. Ragnarok S2 dropped end May been saving it for a long weekend binge, S1 was great if you don’t mind subtitles.

Very much enjoyed it, hope there is a 2nd series, nice change from the usual stuff. Ragnarok S2 dropped end May been saving it for a long weekend binge, S1 was great if you don’t mind subtitles.
I managed about half of series one (Ragnarok) thought it was OK.

Just watched the Las Vegas zombie thing on Netflix, not bad for a bit of brain out fun. Three words - Zombie F***ing Tiger.

Braindead nonsense movie (pardon the pun), but OK. Had some good scenes (the opening montage in Vegas especially), but I feel the whole zombie genre is being diluted by the sheer volume of material and having zombies able to reason, run, have babies etc. is getting away from the 'true zombie genre' for me. Hard to beat Romero's movies that defined the genre and on TV the first 5 series of Walking Dead and the first 3 of Fear the Walking Dead were excellent, but both series became about rival gangs and just lost their way IMO.

Once were Warriors on Amazon Prime Hard hitting portrayal of Māori life in i would guess the 80s great performances although hard to watch in parts as its pretty violent.

Don't know if it's on Netflix or Prime but someone lent me the Tenet dvd about a month ago, and I tried to watch it yesterday, but I only got about halfway through. Everything about it seems strange. I don't know if it's because It was a dvd on my LG Oled or what, but the picture seemed weird, almost cartoon like. I'm using the built-in TV speakers at the moment and they aren't great, so that could explain some of the problems I was experiencing with the sound. The sound had no ambience, and it also had odd sounds that didn't appear to go with the movie. I had to really crank up the volume to hear what people were saying. To top it off, the whole movie is weird and the acting isn't great either.

It gets good reviews though, so maybe I need to try it again?

Don't know if it's on Netflix or Prime but someone lent me the Tenet dvd about a month ago, and I tried to watch it yesterday, but I only got about halfway through. Everything about it seems strange. I don't know if it's because It was a dvd on my LG Oled or what, but the picture seemed weird, almost cartoon like. I'm using the built-in TV speakers at the moment and they aren't great, so that could explain some of the problems I was experiencing with the sound. The sound had no ambience, and it also had odd sounds that didn't appear to go with the movie. I had to really crank up the volume to hear what people were saying. To top it off, the whole movie is weird and the acting isn't great either.

It gets good reviews though, so maybe I need to try it again?
If I could travel backwards in time, as I passed myself coming forward I would tell myself to not bother with Tenet. I thought it was very poor, and I am huge admirer of Nolan - I thought Dunkirk was one of the best films of the last few years, and The Dark Knight is superb. But Tenet didn’t do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back