advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Any responsible employer would suspend the individual whilst they carry out a preliminary investigation for the following reasons:

there is strong evidence in the public domain that racist and sexist comments have been made
he has admitted responsibility
the comments will almost certainly breach the ECBs code of conduct and means he is guilty of gross misconduct
this maybe a criminal offence that becomes a Police matter

The investigation will need to determine whether he has ever made any other similar comments or behaved in appropriately in the past such as being or having previously being a member of an organisation that promotes race hate. It will also need to establish that his current views on these matters do not contravene the ECBs code of conduct. The reputation of the ECB is at stake and any organisation will prioritise itself over the individual.

So not over the top at all and the minster should have kept his snout out.

I think the point is that there is a lot of difference between what a 19 year old would say 8 years ago and a 27 year old would remark on in2021 when race is a much more sensitive issue . It also seems to be rediculous that it only becomes an issue when he starts his test carreer , surely it should have been dealt with a long time ago .
The player gets picked for England, people will follow him on Twitter & some will trawl his posting history. Most likely the media will run the latter.

His attitudes were equally wrong 7-8 years ago.

Watching it via highlights it looked pretry shambolic to me. Too many getting out playing loose shots...often the same shots.
As usual.

Great to see 18,000 people enjoying watching the cricket and getting on with their lives. I’m sure it will annoy the lockdown lovers who would see us back in lockdown indefinitely if they had their own way.

advertisement

Back