advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

This MAY be Marge that we liked from a while back. The links at the time indicated a Greek? Turkish? band (edit - they appear to be Hungarian - Marge is Zsuzsanna Batta - she is the lyricist).
Bloody good in this video, I just wish I could tie down a source for the music apart from download (NOTE - there appears to be a mediocre Philadelphia rock band of the same name) - there are a few videos linked to this, so have a hunt around on Youtube if it does hit the spot - enjoy -

Last edited:
This MAY be Marge that we liked from a while back. The links at the time indicated a Greek? Turkish? band (edit - they appear to be Hungarian - Marge is Zsuzsanna Batta - she is the lyricist).
Bloody good in this video, I just wish I could tie down a source for the music apart from download (NOTE - there appears to be a mediocre Philadelphia rock band of the same name) - there are a few videos linked to this, so have a hunt around on Youtube if it does hit the spot - enjoy -

Hey thanks for this, yes really liking Marge, got a really great sound. Been checking out more Marge on Youtube. Very impressive stuff.

^^^ Very cool, excellent.

Amazingly that was released in January 2013.
Download here - Black Chamber – Black Chamber (2013) download album (anyjazz.com)

Looks to be their only release (not sure what the members of the band went on to do, although Discogs will tell you) - Black Chamber | Discography | Discogs

Also here - Black Chamber | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Thanks for the links. I came across Black Chamber and I was so impressed. It seems like they have only done one album. Would love to hear more from them.

It seems like they have only done one album. Would love to hear more from them.

One album only, no hard copy, and extremely unlikely to be more. You can trace the band members via links within Discogs and one at least has not been involved in music since - he has a website that links to the SoundCloud page above but otherwise he seems to be an artist/sculptor, or similar - I didn''t spend any time investigating. None of them appear to have been involved in any generally available music-making for the past 5-6-7 years.

One album only, no hard copy, and extremely unlikely to be more. You can trace the band members via links within Discogs and one at least has not been involved in music since - he has a website that links to the SoundCloud page above but otherwise he seems to be an artist/sculptor, or similar - I didn''t spend any time investigating. None of them appear to have been involved in any generally available music-making for the past 5-6-7 years.
Yes it seems that they did that one Black Chamver album then finished completely. It's a shame really as it's very impressive stuff. I found this album which is good too for the mix of trip hop and jazz type sounds.

advertisement

Back