advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Well played Chelsea, worthy winners on the night.
Kante amazing performance, Kavertz with the winner... have to ask whether Pep got the line up wrong?

Well played Chelsea, worthy winners on the night.
Kante amazing performance, Kavertz with the winner... have to ask whether Pep got the line up wrong?

He only changed one player. Chelsea were excellent tactically and fair play to them.

Three I think, Sterling hasn’t featured much in Europe

Back four unchanged.
Foden, KDB, Mahrez, Bernardo and Gundogan is the regular midfield/forward line. Raz for Fern/Rodri was the only change and I could understand it. In the games against Chelsea, Reece James exploited space behind the fullback. By playing a natural winger, the idea will have been to push Reece James back.

Back four unchanged.
Foden, KDB, Mahrez, Bernardo and Gundogan is the regular midfield/forward line. Raz for Fern/Rodri was the only change and I could understand it. In the games against Chelsea, Reece James exploited space behind the fullback. By playing a natural winger, the idea will have been to push Reece James back.
Look at the PSG games, 3-4 changes from starting line ups

Look at the PSG games, 3-4 changes from starting line ups

It isn't just about the PSG game though. Generally speaking, our first team is Ederson, Zinchenko, DIas, Stones, Walker, Rodri, Bernardo, Gundo, Foden, KDB and Mahrez. The only change to that was Sterling playing for Rodri.

Personally, I don't think it would have made a difference. Any team finds it difficult to play against a disciplined, organised defensive unit. When it comes with such quality players as Kante, Reece James and others, it is a tough ask. Normally, City find a way but it wasn't to be.
One critical note is the rolling around of the Chelsea players was so disappointing, to me. It is cheating and needs to be irradicated from the game. Generally, I thought the referee handled it quite well, however.

advertisement

Back