advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Chelsea have been a good watch since Tuchel got them organised
Man City. Great team and great manager. Dickhead fans and owners.

Chelsea it is then on the basis that I want to see City fans try to explain away a loss when they’ve spent 1.2bn nett to buy success and still can’t win the biggest prize.

btw…I do expect City to win.

A nation state/monarchy vs an oligarch. I'm going with the wily oligarch (but Giroud may be needed and it would help if Pep puts out one of his mysterious experimental team formations as he does on occasion). Both the biggest spenders this year. In theory with all the expensive talent, it should be a showstopper. Hope it is and wish both teams well.

Chelsea have been a good watch since Tuchel got them organised
Man City. Great team and great manager. Dickhead fans and owners.

Chelsea it is then, on the basis that I want to see City fans try to explain away a loss when they’ve spent 1.2bn nett to buy success and still can’t win the biggest prize.

btw…I do expect City to win.

Why would a loss have to be explained away? Chelsea are a good team who are tactically astute and are also in the final. The trophies that have been won are not sacrificed at the altar of the Champions' League. Personally, I waited 44 years of my life for us to win a trophy so any trophy, for me, is special and I think most City fans feel the same. We watched on, for decades, as other clubs smashed transfer records while we didn't have a pot to piss in, despite some of the most loyal fans in the game. The game tonight is a chance to win another trophy and I'm sure that every fan feels nervous, just like I do. We have been the best team in England, this season, and possibly the best in Europe and we will enter the game as slight favourites, but in a one-off game, anything can happen.

You don't do yourself any favours on this thread, Colin. In fact, I have no idea who you actually support, I just know that you occasionally post something bilious about City.

He’s a sad little troll with nothing to offer but bitter jealousy and repeatedly regurgitates the usual crap about money as if every league title apart from Leicester’s weren’t “bought” by high spending clubs.

Play off finals weekend. Didn’t they used to start with League 2 on the Saturday, finishing with the Championship on the Monday?

Would like to Blackpool get themselves back in the Championship.

Mahrez and Sterling both start, no Fernandinho, la Porte, Rodri or Cancelo - I’m surprised tbh but perhaps another Pep masterclass, we’ll know soon enough... Havertz starts for Chelsea, that’s always better for Werner I think, perhaps it’ll be all about bench impact - Pulisic, Ziyech, Kovavic and Odoi v the City choices?

Mahrez and Sterling both start, no Fernandinho, la Porte, Rodri or Cancelo - I’m surprised tbh but perhaps another Pep masterclass, we’ll know soon enough... Havertz starts for Chelsea, that’s always better for Werner I think, perhaps it’ll be all about bench impact - Pulisic, Ziyech, Kovavic and Odoi v the City choices?
I’ll mostly be watching from behind the sofa

Anyone’s game, first half to Chelsea, surely City can be this toothless second half? I expect changes, even if only positional - KDB wasted in the middle imho

advertisement

Back