advertisement

HELP! Trying to prevent a travesty over my friend dying allegedly intestate

Well that’s good news. But then I don’t understand why they would have been given keys and access?

Edit - so reading Thorns post would they have been deemed as next of kin and can therefore go in? If so they could find the Will and dispose of it surely?
Indeed they could. There would be no-one to stop them. The system relies on their honesty.

Sorry,
I’m out
these claims are getting ridiculous now.

hey that's your shout but I spoke to his close friend who had been visiting him weekly if not twice a week only this morning and it was he who reminded me that my friends other interest beyond vintage hi fi etc was horology and that he knew my friend had very valuable vintage watches, gold fobs etc in the safe...

I'm upset enough already about both his sudden death, and then this, to not need people I'm asking for advice to say I'm making "ridiculous claims"!!:(:(:mad:

Final word.
Just checked with a solicitor in the family.
You cannot challenge letters of administration unless you are a family member.
Anything else in the op borders on paranoia.

I think your only recourse is to tell the police if you think people have been accessing your friends property before they are legally allowed or to find the will, if it exists. There is a legal saying that “a contested will is the toast of Chancery Lane” , contesting a will that does not exist will make Chancery Lane look like a Rio carnival.

No wife
Children
parents
Siblings
Grandparents
Aunts or uncles

the cousin has the only claim…

Sorry to hear that Jez, a horrible situation.

PS Reading this with some interest as I’m not a million miles away from that situation. I made a will at the start of the covid thing; I have a signed & witnessed copy with my dad, a signed witnessed copy at home, and the executor knows where it is, but nothing concrete/legal, nothing with a lawyer or whatever.

Sorry to hear that Jez, a horrible situation.

PS Reading this with some interest as I’m not a million miles away from that situation. I made a will at the start of the covid thing; I have a signed & witnessed copy with my dad, a signed witnessed copy at home, and the executor knows where it is, but nothing concrete/legal, nothing with a lawyer or whatever.
Tony
What do you mean “You made a will”?
Was it a DIY thing?
You have no obligation to leave a will with a solicitor.
I have mine at home but I paid for it to be drawn up by a solicitor.

Correlation is not evidence of causation.

That's like really helpful Vinny.... Man in good health who didn't drink or smoke has 3 week long illness after first jab and dies two days after second jab then the autopsy says cause of death was blood clots:rolleyes:

Maybe he was being knocked out and taken on numerous long haul flights every night for weeks then transported back to his bed? Can we rule it out?

Can you put that in English...My brains slow tonight !!

Correlation - things happen together. Causation - things happen as a consequence.

Every day, substantial numbers of people will die after eating cucumber, that does not mean that any death was caused by eating cucumber.

What do you mean
“You made a will”?
You had no legal advice input whatsoever?

No, I just researched what they looked like and typed one out. Remember I have, until very recently, been in *total* lockdown for well over a year. That is no visits from family, no visits from friends, no going out other than for solo cycling, just very carefully opening the door for food deliveries. I certainly wasn’t going to visit a bloody lawyer at the height of a pandemic that targets diabetics and asthmatics!

I’d now be prepared to get it formalised if I knew the exact process, which is why I asked the question. Basically I just want to get what I have done registered or whatever is required. I don’t want anything beyond that.

advertisement

Back