advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
More ferns...

SQ8YN2.jpg

@Lefty thanks Amar - appreciate the kind comment. :)

The 24-70 sure is a nice lens, although I'd have to get used to 'turning it on' as it were; couple of times I've thought 'why isn't it working?' :D

It isn't quite as sharp as I'd expected - the 35 & 50 are just incredible so probably not a fair comparison. Doing PP in Capture One 21 helps though c/w Lightroom where the conversions are more punchy and seem to bring more out of that amazing sensor. Talking of which...

Enjoying the Z7 a lot - been using the highlight-weighted metering a fair bit which works just great. Even been surprised how good battery life is too (bought a Hähnel spare though).

forget the 24-70 and get the 24-200..... just as good and so much more versatile.

Have been tempted, and I hear very good things about the 24-200. Problem is, at the moment, I have the Tamron 70-210 f4 which can be used on my old D700 (I have the FTZ for the Z7) and is an excellent bit of kit. Reluctant to double-up focal lengths, even if it is across 2 lenses.

@Lefty thanks Amar - appreciate the kind comment. :)

The 24-70 sure is a nice lens, although I'd have to get used to 'turning it on' as it were; couple of times I've thought 'why isn't it working?' :D

It isn't quite as sharp as I'd expected - the 35 & 50 are just incredible so probably not a fair comparison. Doing PP in Capture One 21 helps though c/w Lightroom where the conversions are more punchy and seem to bring more out of that amazing sensor. Talking of which...

Enjoying the Z7 a lot - been using the highlight-weighted metering a fair bit which works just great. Even been surprised how good battery life is too (bought a Hähnel spare though).

Haha - yes the rotate to unlock certainly takes a bit of getting used to :D

Agreed, it's certainly not as sharp as the 50. There is certainly a quality / convenience trade off.

Excellent - really pleased to hear you are enjoying the Z7 :) I love mine as it fits me and my photography like a glove. It has become a faithful companion over the last 2 years.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back