advertisement

HUMBOLDT, new amp

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, well i have sold my Spectral , and bought this, Audionet Humboldt , integrated amp, from the nice guys from Emporium Hifi, bit of a shock, as i received it on Tuesday, as only plugged it in on Thursday, played it Friday, but playing it properly tonight, not much of a difference on Thursday new amp was cold and i don't really know how many hours on it, but the Spectral is SO good it will give anything a run for it's money, and i have had Spectral for over 20 years , and you do get used to a house sound, fast, clear, precise on the money ,
There is no ON or OFF switch on the Hum, it is supposed to be left on all the time in standby, so i left it on standby from yesterday, wow, its faster without being forced, more musical, deeper, and just feels right, just sounds real, the music come's from such a black background it's uncanny,, sounds shite i know, but it's a real foot-tapper, But trying to get this thing 61kg up two flights of stairs with 2, 90 degree turns nearly killed us both, and that's out of the flight box, photos to follow, playing Ziggy stardust at the mo,

Wow, photos please, pretty please! I'm way down the foodchain with an Audionet DNA 2.0/EPS setup and I think the timing and sheer musical presence of the Audionet are hard to beat. I treated myself to an Aavik U-150 last months, but the Audionet has it licked in many respects.

My brother uses a Humboldt, simply the best intergrated I've ever heard, and better than many far more expensive pre-power options (I'm talking about you Absolute Sounds) I remember your post when you told us you were going to be demoing the Humboldt, there's someone who'll be selling his Spectral's was my immediate thought. I do hope you continue to enjoy your new purchase, welcome to the Audionet club.

What a lovely looking thing, just imagine how many they’d sell with a better name than Audionet.

Antimarketing?

But trying to get this thing 61kg up two flights of stairs with 2, 90 degree turns nearly killed us both,
61kg is no joke. The heaviest amp I owned weighs 38 kg and there are handles on the front and rear of the amp. I can't imagine carrying an amp that is more than 60kg without any handles. Must be an arduous task even when carried by 2 people.

The Humboldt looks good and is built like a tank. Enjoy ~

My oh my, what an absolute monster of an integrated amplifier :eek: I'd wager that 61kg is probably heavier than most people walking the face of this earth! I bet it's an absolute belter :cool:

60+kg, I thought mine was bad. My racks shelf is on verge of its weight limit! I’d be scared of anything heavier.

Apologies for a tangential post but 2112 is one of my reference recordings. Only heard 1 system do this (and it’s not mine unfortunately) but you can actually hear the sound of Neil’s drumstick moving through the air before hitting the tom tom in parts of the overture.

61kg kind of cancels out the benefits of simplicity of an all in one. At least if you had a separate pre, amp, and streamer you could probably move them around yourself! :D

advertisement

Back