advertisement

Eurovision: Null pointe

Amazing what not having auto-tune can do!:D

Our best ever was that Engelbert Humperdink one a few years back... really good song in fact and far too good for eurovision, where usually the worse it is the more points it gets.

Well done Italy.... I quite like their 70s heavy rock groove. But was rooting for Iceland or Ukraine TBH.
Switzerland prob had best song.

I honestly don't know why we bothered participating - most of Europe hates us and the voting is always highly politicised and combined with bloc voting. Actually I suppose it's better than winning it as the cost of hosting runs into the millions; perhaps we could save the money we pay as one of the 'Big Five' and just let everyone else get on with it?

Hmmm...it's a good distraction and the press will be full of it tomorrow. Watch for a hidden story elsewhere...

Apart from Greece-Cyprus-Serbia the bloc voting has pretty much gone. Yes people watch it, it is quite good fun.
The songs this year were generally higher standard than last few times. Apart from the UK entry - it was a mundane song by somebody who just was not a performer - didn't look the part and basically couldn't sing. The rules are that the main vocal line has to be sung live... no-one was using auto-tune.
The UK contestant, James Newman, is allegedly a well-known songwriter, regular writer for several big US & UK acts - but surely they could have found someone able to sing? Re-think again required. Its not as simple as "they hate us anyway".

With all the talent in this country you wonder how such a piece of formulaic dreck could be chosen, and then find out that the process was a collab between BBC Studios and BMG, who funnily enough chose one of their own 'artists'. Great work guys.

I honestly don't know why we bothered participating - most of Europe hates us and the voting is always highly politicised and combined with bloc voting. Actually I suppose it's better than winning it as the cost of hosting runs into the millions; perhaps we could save the money we pay as one of the 'Big Five' and just let everyone else get on with it?
We’re the Milwall of Eurovision.

Er... our song and performance was woeful! That's the truth of it.

The problem is we've always entered a try-hard attempt, they've thrown all sorts of big music moguls and "talent" at it thinking that will get it done. What they should do is just leave it to a bunch of amateurs and novelty joke acts, or at least enter something so horrifically bad that it is funny.

advertisement

Back