advertisement

Curmudgeon Corner

The Halifax ad on tv keeps telling us in these times they are phoning customers to just check up that everything is ok.

Well they haven’t phoned me.

Well, I suspect I know what your response would be, so probably for the best they don't. ;)

#newforxit
Canada Common Car Park full of bloody foreigners again today, come the weekend there won’t be enough room for us genuine New Foresters. Some of them even come from Romsey ffs.

50862598973_78eb69b6ee_n.jpg

Last edited:
On the subject of dogs, my curmudgeonliness meter hit the end stop last night when I saw (saw is the operative word, fortunately the sound was off) a couple of minutes of some horrendous kind of dumbed-down dog show.
A real waste of Sheridan Smith. Power to the People. Oh, hang on....

Just watched The 12th Man, on Netflix. Excellent, harrowing true story of perseverance and bravery.

For those on another thread on here suggesting memorials to those who served and sacrificed be consigned to history, I say bollocks. Fimlms, and the accompanying true stories, should serve as a stark reminder of how fragile things can be.

Copied from the recommendations thread, but equally apt on here.

Why do all the political parties think I want a pamphlet through my letterbox, multiple times per party on a daily basis in the run up to May 5th, not only that it's the same friggin' one multiple times, so much for save the planet

Why do all the political parties think I want a pamphlet through my letterbox, multiple times per party on a daily basis in the run up to May 5th, not only that it's the same friggin' one multiple times, so much for save the planet

Free fuel for the fire.

All I have received is a polling card for the election of a Police and Crime Commissioner on May 6th.
We don’t have any local elections this year.

I’ve been looking at ticket prices for a once-in-a-blue-moon train journey. I want to go from Marchbanks Halt into the Big City, where I’ll walk to a different station, go on to Nottingham, change again and then to Lincoln. Cost of a through ticket, £32. But if I book from the next halt up the line from here (distance between the two stations is about a mile and a half, cost of ticket between the two £1.90) the price of a ticket to Lincoln tumbles to £22. Same trains, all travel off-peak. What??

I’ve been looking at ticket prices for a once-in-a-blue-moon train journey. I want to go from Marchbanks Halt into the Big City, where I’ll walk to a different station, go on to Nottingham, change again and then to Lincoln. Cost of a through ticket, £32. But if I book from the next halt up the line from here (distance between the two stations is about a mile and a half, cost of ticket between the two £1.90) the price of a ticket to Lincoln tumbles to £22. Same trains, all travel off-peak. What??
They’re trying to dissuade you from using Marchbanks Halt so they can use declining usage numbers as an excuse to close it and sell the site to developers for a out of town shopping and dining experience. Obvs.

They’re trying to dissuade you from using Marchbanks Halt so they can use declining usage numbers as an excuse to close it and sell the site to developers for a out of town shopping and dining experience. Obvs.
Fat chance. Even with the appropriate backhanders I’ve never been able to force my application for the Marchbanks Towers Theme Park and Death Ride Experience past the planning committee.

advertisement

Back