advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Yank

Bulbous Also Tapered
Ultimately Biden's vetoing of the UN ceasefire call shows that you couldn't slide a fag paper between GOP and Democrats in many important areas....

is the 2nd amendment now to be repealed? Or the KKK arrested as a terrorist organisation? Thought not...

You have unreasonable expectations. America has been subjected to one-sided propaganda promoting those plucky, independent, industrious, democratic Israelis since the late 1940s, there's decades of brainwashing to undo before you can expect anything like a reasonable Mideast policy from the USA. You say "King David Hotel" or "Stern Gang" around here and you'll be met with a blank expression.

And then there's likely to be a disconnect between what the Administration can say in public, vs what they're saying to Bibi in private.

You have unreasonable expectations. America has been subjected to one-sided propaganda promoting those plucky, independent, industrious, democratic Israelis since the late 1940s, there's decades of brainwashing to undo before you can expect anything like a reasonable Mideast policy from the USA. You say "King David Hotel" or "Stern Gang" around here and you'll be met with a blank expression.

And then there's likely to be a disconnect between what the Administration can say in public, vs what they're saying to Bibi in private.

What makes you think I expected any different?:rolleyes:

But he's not wrong. Most of Trump's base and the January 6th mob have limited critical thinking skills, whether by nature or nurture, and are being cynically manipulated by right wing politicians who are fully aware of their own actions. All right wing politicians who have incited the mob should be in the dock before any of those who took part in the riot itself.
Sorry, too easy. Many of these people were no more brain-damaged than the average person in the street. A good number had reasonably good jobs.

Anyone who bought into the Q-Anon bollocks was clearly a few bricks short of a load. I'm sure no-one on pfm ever believed any of that shite.

Anyone who bought into the Q-Anon bollocks was clearly a few bricks short of a load. I'm sure no-one on pfm ever believed any of that shite.
I see it as very like Republican politicians ( and others) embracing evangelical Christianity- referencing The Lord frequently, enforced Grace at meal times, speaking in tongues and publicly receiving blessings in shopping mall mega churches. Witnessing in public and fornicating and grifting in private. Some of them possibly believe it but I’m sure most are dissembling and in it purely for the votes and the donations. QAnon sounds like a freaky extension of that.

On middle east foreign policy you may be correct, but on gun control, healthcare, voting rights, womens' rights the democrats are blocked by the GOP in the senate. It's not that there is no policy difference, but without a supermajority in the Senate the democrats cannot advance key legislation.
Not to mention that "repeal of the second Amendment" requires consent by a super-majority of the states and is just not going to happen.

Sorry, too easy. Many of these people were no more brain-damaged than the average person in the street. A good number had reasonably good jobs.
Even jobs that require a degree of hard thought to do them do not require you to think hard about anything else. Most people avoid that if at all possible.

Not to mention that "repeal of the second Amendment" requires consent by a super-majority of the states and is just not going to happen.
I'd be happy if the Second Amendment was interpreted as it was originally intended, as I understand it, i.e. that the USA would have no standing army, just a continuation of the Revolutionary War Minutemen. This all fell on its face as the USA expanded westwards and ran into problems with the locals who, understandably, objected to their ancestral lands being confiscated. Thus a regular army was needed, thus rendering the Second Amendment null and void.

advertisement

Back