advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
First impressions? Or is it too early?

Lovely image by the way.......

Thanks Rob - nice light this evening.

First impressions? Camera feels good but at the risk of repeating myself, it doesn't quite have the tactile 'organic' feel in the hand of the E-M1 Mk2. Otherwise it's quiet, great EVF, usual familiar Nikon menus, solid build and whilst it's a million miles from my beloved old D700 there is a definite familiarity which is comforting.

Files are fr*ggin' huge though. I need a new iMac.

The real star though - for me - is this Z 50 1.8 S. It is stunning.

Thanks Rob - nice light this evening.

First impressions? Camera feels good but at the risk of repeating myself, it doesn't quite have the tactile 'organic' feel in the hand of the E-M1 Mk2. Otherwise it's quiet, great EVF, usual familiar Nikon menus, solid build and whilst it's a million miles from my beloved old D700 there is a definite familiarity which is comforting.

Files are fr*ggin' huge though. I need a new iMac.

The real star though - for me - is this Z 50 1.8 S. It is stunning.

The Z6ii is going to be the same in terms of ergonomics - i.e. excellent - but it just misses something for me to really differentiate it from similarly priced cameras. I think the Z7 sensor is the thing that makes the camera extra special and makes me lean towards it.

I do like the look of the Fuji GFX cameras too but I suspect that camera is really only suited to landscape photography - the Z7 looks like more of an allrounder. And is lighter and cheaper.

On the subject of lenses the 24-70 S lens is quite superb.

Craigtoun Country Park:

51173648174_82f14c7460_b.jpg

51172184802_da6a3624ec_b.jpg

Fuji X10

Wow - the 35mm is super sharp!

It's not too shabby that's for sure! Nikon have some pretty good savings on lenses up until wednesday so need to decide if I'm to keep it or not. It's obviously quite close in f/l to the 50, although I do really like the 35mm perspective on the world.

It's not too shabby that's for sure! Nikon have some pretty good savings on lenses up until wednesday so need to decide if I'm to keep it or not. It's obviously quite close in f/l to the 50, although I do really like the 35mm perspective on the world.

I thought the price drop was until July? Could be wrong though.

I am still waiting for Nextdaydeal.co.uk to authorise the return and give me the return address on the Z6ii. I am itching to get buy hands on a Z7 as there are some good deals out there at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back