advertisement

Arlene Foster hanging by a thread.

Mr.Poots is a man Mr.Johnson can do business with. Whether anyone else can is another matter. Mr.Poots will part the Irish Sea and set his people free.

Lp8qcnI.jpg

That's a result and will save Boris a fortune on a bridge

One wonders if Mr.Paisley will accept a seat in the Lords/ at the trough by way of recompense from Boris. It’s shut up all manner of folk before.

Poots is a guy with an eye for the future!

'He added he did not want to see unionist bickering as in the past and he encouraged all unionsts to work with him to set foundations at the end of 2021 for another 100 years of Northern Ireland within the UK.'

Poots is a guy with an eye for the future!

'He added he did not want to see unionist bickering as in the past and he encouraged all unionsts to work with him to set foundations at the end of 2021 for another 100 years of Northern Ireland within the UK.'
?
pkV2LON.jpg

Oh dear, guess where this is going,

“Mr.Poots suggested catholics were six times more likely to spread Covid”,

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/...e-funny-if-they-were-not-so-serious-1.4388461
Possibly article of the year. A Brexiteer and loyalist of a potentially perfect society. I can see the movie maybe with a title Stepford Poots. A land were Farage stands guard on the coast and Patel hovers overhead on her broom picking off covid Catholic's before they can infect the perfect Pootestants

Interesting to see Ian Paisley Jr getting all apoplectic at BBC reporter on this issue earlier.

Can't recall if it was him or some other nutjob seriously asking why the people of NI are not voting for "parties with 'Unionist' in their name". FFS!!!

Who in their right mind would vote for such people? It is the stupidity and many cases bigotry bordering on hatred of swathes of the electorate in the UK that astounds me. No better in the USA. In this way we get the leaders we deserve.

Oh dear, guess where this is going,

“Mr.Poots suggested catholics were six times more likely to spread Covid”,

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/...e-funny-if-they-were-not-so-serious-1.4388461

Also a good opinion piece in that article :

"Unionists or Nationalists ?"

Referring to the people of the North as either unionists or nationalists only perpetuates segregation. The people of the Republic Ireland aren’t referred to by their political or religious affiliations, but those of us half-an-hour up the road are referred to as one or the other.

The same criticism can be applied to the contrast between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK, nowhere else is this phenomenon prevalent – not England, not Wales, not Scotland – the latter of which can literally be seen from our shores on a clear day.

This localised practice is a huge part of the problem, and it is a habit that both the Irish and British governments are guilty of helping to perpetuate. We are citizens first and foremost – what belief system we may or may not hold should never be seen as our only defining feature with which to brand us for political gain, especially in a region with such a turbulent history with weaponised ideology.

Who would have thought a time might come when Paisley will be remembered as a Mandela figure compared to what followed him.

Indeed. The Rev.Ian did display a measure of statesmanship in his latter years that I found quite redeeming.

On further reflection, the election of a creationist like Poots has surely to be the beginning of the end for the DUP.

It forces religion - and a very archaic/fundamentalist version thereof - front and centre into the DUP ethos, which will cause all but the most ardent followers to have a long hard look at what they are expected to buy into. Looks to me a pure - "You're either for us or agin' us" high stakes political gamble, which I find it hard to believe they have called right.

Who in their right mind would vote for such people? It is the stupidity and many cases bigotry bordering on hatred of swathes of the electorate in the UK that astounds me. No better in the USA. In this way we get the leaders we deserve.

No accounting for taste. Look at Mogg, Bojo, Patel, Farage, Gove, Spock etc. Sadly the 'ordinary' Joe in the street is of same mind as these folk.

Indeed. The Rev.Ian did display a measure of statesmanship in his latter years that I found quite redeeming.
On further reflection, the election of a creationist like Poots has surely to be the beginning of the end for the DUP.
It forces religion - and a very archaic/fundamentalist version thereof - front and centre into the DUP ethos, which will cause all but the most ardent followers to have a long hard look at what they are expected to buy into. Looks to me a pure - "You're either for us or agin' us" high stakes political gamble, which I find it hard to believe they have called right.

Paisley seemed to mellow out alright but no chance the son will follow his path to redemption. Rats on a slowly sinking ship who are starting to turn on each other. Donaldson is bad enough for me but scarily not bad enough for the remaining Dups. The next elections will tell if their fellow countrymen will like the English follow the isolationist Brexit path.

Of course, Edwin Poots, creationist, how we laughed. But political leaders in other countries have even more bizarre ideas about religion, and will condone, if not actively encourage, the killing of those who don't share those ideas.

advertisement

Back