advertisement

MQA

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP3 never claimed to be better than what else is available. MQA do make such claims.
But it is better....in much beloved blind tests.

You can continue to rail against it, developing large pages of anti-MQA opinions, approaching Tolstoy (in volume only, of course).

And at the end of the day, at least half, and likely more of audiophiles will choose MQA over LPCM.

Nothing surprising in that article. Pretty much mirrors what the two Norwegian gentlemen from Stereo+ concluded. Small differences. One used a non MQA Dac, the other one an MQA DAC. Still their conclusions converged that FLAC sounded marginally better.

You clearly need to retake the statistics class.
Your statistics prowess leads to a conclusion that the system that is preferred LESS by audiophiles is the better one.

Allrighty then. I may need to retake graduate statistics, but you need to TAKE high school version.

Your statistics prowess leads to a conclusion that the system that is preferred LESS by audiophiles is the better one.

Allrighty then. I may need to retake graduate statistics, but you need to TAKE high school version.
The outcome of that survey was inconclusive. It proves nothing.

Audiophiles are crazy people by defenition. For example, interested in expensive fuses and cables are only those people who call themselves audiophiles. I wouldn't trust them too much.

The outcome of that survey was inconclusive. It proves nothing.
You just keep repeating that. Eventually you may actually start believing that.

A purposefully kneecapped MQA more than held its own against PCM. Stunningly, the group that has actual knowledge of the recording chain had a strong preference for MQA:

1. The "audio recording / mixing / engineering" group of listeners did seem to show a larger preference towards MQA. However, the slightly larger group of "musicians" did not show this same preference.

I belong to group which has investments in still good equipment and that equipment is useless with MQA. I bet we are more than audiophiles. So, if MQA will be pushing itself further we may end up with situation when some music is LPCM, some music is MQA and no music in both encodings. That would be bad thing for many of us.

90 pages?
This thread would be more like 40 pages if you were not so vociferous. Probably far shorter as the “discussion” would have plateaued ages ago. At least the thread provides some light relief and like a car crash there’s lots of rubber-necking.

Do they still sell CDs? Why not just buy the music you like, rip it. Live happily ever after?

Or spend time whining about how unfair life is because the service you want to buy isn't on offer from the people you'd like to buy it from? Awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back