advertisement

New Bluesound Node Released

How does the Bluesound compare to Audiolab 6000n on paper? The Audiolab is more expensive in Canada by about 15% .. Thanks

How does the Bluesound compare to Audiolab 6000n on paper? The Audiolab is more expensive in Canada by about 15% .. Thanks

This internet reviewer caught my attention again after purchasing my Node 2i last summer and made me even happier with my first streamer choice.:)
Simon says a Node 2i is close to an Auralic Aries G1 @ £2k price tag!

https://www.13thnote.net/2020/08/07/the-worst-value-audiophile-hifi-ive-tried/

An alternative streamer getting a good review by him recently is the Cambridge Audio CXN v2. I wasn't sure about the Cambridge unit at the time of my purchase so went to the cheaper but well-reviewed Node 2i.

Not sure about on paper but in reality, there’s not much in it sound-wise.
However the BluOS app for the Bluesound gear is way better than the DTS Play-Fi app.
For that reason, I’d stick with the Node2i & if down the road I wanted an upgrade, I’d look for a better separate DAC.

This internet reviewer caught my attention again after purchasing my Node 2i last summer and made me even happier with my first streamer choice.:)
Simon says a Node 2i is close to an Auralic Aries G1 @ £2k price tag!

https://www.13thnote.net/2020/08/07/the-worst-value-audiophile-hifi-ive-tried/

I've had a great deal of experience with the Node; right back to the original. It's a very good bit of kit with a great app.

I now have an Aries G1, which is a far superior product. Noticeably 'better' as a digital transport and more flexible. So, I disagree that the Node is 'close'; whether the improvement the G1 brings is 'worth' it is down to the purchaser.

I will offer an idea that a *streamer" is an outdated idea.

It's a small computer with a control app that is a client of the streaming services you subscribe to.

An iPad or a Win tablet makes an excellent streamer to your existing DAC, as long as you are willing to get up to choose your music.

Oh wait. There are apps that will let you control your PC and iPad on your phone, so you didn't have to get up.

I will offer an idea that a *streamer" is an outdated idea.

It's a small computer with a control app that is a client of the streaming services you subscribe to.

An iPad or a Win tablet makes an excellent streamer to your existing DAC, as long as you are willing to get up to choose your music.

Oh wait. There are apps that will let you control your PC and iPad on your phone, so you didn't have to get up.
This is quite right but it’s a bit of a fuss if you use your Pad for other things. I find it more elegant and convenient to use the Pad as controller for my Yammie or Pi.

advertisement

Back