advertisement

Long shot - anyone with experience of fake chimneys?

I doubt big developers pay the headline rate.....

See what happens when it goes, they might take it back to the yard. We collect any rubble available through the year and get a crusher in for a couple of days when the yard's half covered.

It's a valuable resource, until some idiot decides to put a bit of asbestos on the heap.

It’s in a skip along with a few metres of batten (I’ll have that later), a bunch of broken tiles, half a bag of sand (I’ve had that), some cement (I’ve had some of that - I’ve got some pointing to do) and some pots from the other houses (no good for plants, so they can keep those)!

Last edited:
Just ridiculous......why on earth would anyone, or any council, or any planning department, think that a fake chimney is a good idea.....complete lunacy.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted ( a while ago!).

Edited to add - the first photo shows everything you need to know about what was wrong...flashing going under the tiles...duh..

Just ridiculous......why on earth would anyone, or any council, or any planning department, think that a fake chimney is a good idea.....complete lunacy.

This^^^

Let's put something on the roof that serves no purpose and might cause leaks. It's utterly ridiculous!!

The final indignity - the local scrappy just jumped out of his van, smashed the chimney in the skipo to bits with a lump hammer and drove off with the lead!

The final indignity - the local scrappy just jumped out of his van, smashed the chimney in the skipo to bits with a lump hammer and drove off with the lead!
Normal behaviour for the scratters who cruise round looking for things to steal. A mate rang up a scrapman to tell him about some metal, the scum turned up, took the metal at the front, and then went in the back garden and stole a pair of flipflops that were by the back door. I'm strongly against capital punishment, but I'd cheerfully reintroduce crucifixion for these. In fact, crucifixion's too good for them.

To the OP - I suppose if one has a fake chimney one would require the services of a fake sweep.
_49137705_008456486-1.jpg

I just wish I'd thought of this when the thread was first started.

Well I get where you are coming from but crucifixion for stealing a pair of flip flops seems a little harsh. What would you do if they rogered your rabbit?
My rabbit's nails. Anyone tried to roger him, he'd rip them a new one. It wouldn't be pretty. He can look after himself.

advertisement

Back