advertisement

Celebrity hifi systems

I’ve got it in my head that HRH Prince Charles has a Linn system. Not sure where I heard it though so I may be wrong

Another couple of shots of Macca and his fab gear. I'm guessing the speakers are the orangey-brown jobs either side of the LPs.

PAUL-MCCARTNEY-TWITTER-@PAULMCCARTNEY-24-2020.jpg.jpg

paul-mccartney-lyrics.jpg

It is a fairly recent moment as it’s a SME M2 on the 401.

PS It would be interesting to know what the rest of the kit is. I’d bet on something fairly similar that was bought decades ago and kept serviced rather than replaced, e.g. Quad/Tannoy. I really like his record shelving too. Very well thought out for the 7” etc.
That's a Goldring 2000 series Nagaoka on the M2 there, too. Could be the camera angle, but pivot to spindle looks to be set a bit short.

Paul looks good though.

Another couple of shots of Macca and his fab gear. I'm guessing the speakers are the orangey-brown jobs either side of the LPs.

It is really hard to work out what is what. That could just be a wet vacuum record cleaner at the far-left on the shelf too. I’ve stood right next to him (Peter Blake private view, Tate Liverpool), so could have asked him!

Didnt know Jobs had a Gyro..... Bet the stylus had a rough time with the poor TT on the deck.

He would have a Gyrodec, it's the best looking turntable ever made and plays records with little fuss. If Apple made turntables.... fair play to him!

Yours, tiggers (Apple fan and Gyro owner)

It is really hard to work out what is what. That could just be a wet vacuum record cleaner at the far-left on the shelf too. I’ve stood right next to him (Peter Blake private view, Tate Liverpool), so could have asked him!
I was there too, so you probably stood next to me as well!

I don't think anyone has said it's a stunning revelation. Surely it's of enough intrigue for a thread on PFM to discuss what famous people own what hifi?
it's interesting enough to pass an idle moment. Most musos will have multiple systems. I remember a photo of Ronnie Wood, or some other Stone, in his home studio. He had shelves behind him with any amount of stuff, there was a Quad 50e or possibly a 303 just parked on its side. No re verence there, it's just a tool. Similarly Prince had an Amcron Crown the same as mine d in one room in Paisley Park.

Jack Nicholson used to insist on some piece of Mackintosh kit appearing in his movies. Maxine Peake is a prog rock fan and has nice little setup. Back in the early to late 80s, a lot of musos "gateway drug" into Hifi was a Nakamichi cassette deck. As, pretty much, the only place you could buy them was in a HiFi shop, they'd go in for a cassette deck and leave with a whole system.

advertisement

Back