advertisement

pray for minneapolis

hifinutt

hifinutt
Bel canto is made in Minneapolis but more importantly the city is braced for the verdict for a certain event that is happening now . been following the evidence , would not like to be the jury

I imagine that the local (and not so local) police are bracing themselves pending the outcome of the trial. There is likely to be violence either way, and certainly if it goes one way.

its been incredibly interesting to see all the medical evidence and research on kneeling on people , never knew there was so much research around . one point was we put people prone for covid care so prone position in itself does not cause asphyxia apparently

Bel canto is made in Minneapolis but more importantly the city is braced for the verdict for a certain event that is happening now . been following the evidence , would not like to be the jury

Audio Research and Magnepan are in Minneapolis too.

But remember that whenever you see sensational news reports about "cities on fire" that it's not the whole city...

its been incredibly interesting to see all the medical evidence and research on kneeling on people , never knew there was so much research around . one point was we put people prone for covid care so prone position in itself does not cause asphyxia apparently

It might not work out so well if they've got 200 lbs pressing on their back.

There will be no "right" verdict.

I am certain the cop meant no harm to the extent of killing the guy, but beyond that is a whole can o' worms.

But remember that whenever you see sensational news reports about "cities on fire" that it's not the whole city...
This is true. However if it's your bit of the city that happens to be on fire, it's a bit of a bummer.

I was working in Oldham when they had the 2001 riots. It was pretty scary. We had more than a bit of aggro in the factory. We even had an attempted shooting of one of our employees in the street outside. I know that to our USA counterparts this is about as remarkable as a schoolboy getting beaten up and his lunch money stolen, but believe me, in Manchester UK where we do not arm bears this is a big deal and on a par with someone bringing an armoured vehicle into Times Square, NYC, and putting an RPG into someone for looking at you funny.

Hope it stays calm there.

I am certain the cop meant no harm to the extent of killing the guy, but beyond that is a whole can o' worms.

Perhaps didn't *intend* to, but we all know that in English law "intent to or reckless towards the outcome" is in the definition. I've not seen the evidence but I'd say that kneeling on his neck for that long is fairly clearly reckless to the outcome.

Chauvin knelt on George Floyd for 9 minutes and 29 seconds Vinny. While Floyd was saying "I can't breathe". And all for the alleged offence of passing a dodgy $20 note. "Meant no harm"? REALLY?

From what I have read of the trial the Minneapolis police establishment has tried to distance itself from Chauvin, say he was not following training etc. This completely ignores the culture of US policing. Chauvin did what he did because he thought he could get away with it. The culture will not change as long as events like this are pinned on individuals.

Chauvin knelt on George Floyd for 9 minutes and 29 seconds Vinny. While Floyd was saying "I can't breathe". And all for the alleged offence of passing a dodgy $20 note. "Meant no harm"? REALLY?

From what I have read of the trial the Minneapolis police establishment has tried to distance itself from Chauvin, say he was not following training etc. This completely ignores the culture of US policing. Chauvin did what he did because he thought he could get away with it. The culture will not change as long as events like this are pinned on individuals.

I am REALLY impressed by your in-depth knowledge of everthing and your near clairvoyant grasp of what was going through Chauvin's mind. I take my hat off to anyone with such and in-depth, detailed and comprehensive, incontrovertible grasp of things.

thank you, thank you indeed. Your comments are as though you were there as his best friend and confidente.

I am REALLY impressed by your in-depth knowledge of everthing and your near clairvoyant grasp of what was going through Chauvin's mind. I take my hat off to anyone with such and in-depth, detailed and comprehensive, incontrovertible grasp of things.

thank you, thank you indeed. Your comments are as though you were there as his best friend and confidente.
I am certain the cop meant no harm to the extent of killing the guy ...
Up your own arse much?

in Manchester UK where we do not arm bears

Ye gods but that would be a grizzly situation indeed :D

I think the evidence is somewhat black and white, as in other cases over there. Are there any other countries in the world where gun ownership is so easy and considered a right, in effect? Yes, I know police are armed in most countries, but the population ? What is it in the psyche of many Americans that gun ownership is a positive feature of enjoying a normal and socially acceptable life? Sorry, I digress, as no firearm was used here, in contrast to other recent events.

Ye gods but that would be a grizzly situation indeed :D

I think the evidence is somewhat black and white, as in other cases over there. Are there any other countries in the world where gun ownership is so easy and considered a right, in effect? Yes, I know police are armed in most countries, but the population ? What is it in the psyche of many Americans that gun ownership is a positive feature of enjoying a normal and socially acceptable life? Sorry, I digress.

It's their right to bear arms, some places have no effective policing so if someone enters your home then you can defend yourself per the American constitution or you can take up arms to defend said constitution but obviously that was when George Washington and his mates were cutting about now that right is completely out of control.

They have to ban gun ownership simple as that.

The REAL problem @James, and @twotone, is that you seek to see the very worst in people, maybe because you are like-minded.

Me - I give people the benefit of the doubt, I like to see people at their best until proven otherwise. I do not presume to "understand" people as being any worse than/different to me.

I lived through the Gulf War and saw at first hand what jingoism and the like did to ordinary people. I have seen what blind panic does to people. You would not recognise your closest relative or friend under such conditions. You really have not the very first clue.

You both have a very nice day.

I have nothing more to say to someone who defends a racist murderer.

advertisement

Back