advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Dortmund v Man City was a good match. Congratulations to Man City.

It would have been nice to have seen Liverpool go through too. Apparently it was a good game, but the [football] damage was done in Madrid.

I live in Liverpool and the attack on the City coach was all over social media, was videoed, and was well known that it was going to happen. Despite that, Merseyside police found insufficient evidence to prosecute. The only solution is to prosecute the club in some way.
How do you know it was a Liverpool fan and not just some drunken arsehole?

Let’s not carried away but I hope for a City v Chelsea final and may the best team on the night win... I look forward to better times for my team

You want the club punished for something beyond their control. You live in Liverpool so must have some idea of the lawless shithole that is Anfield/Kirkdale. I wouldn't park my car there for sure. Too many knob heads and shameful behaviour without doubt-the people who do this don't give a shit about the club.

If a club's fans repeatedly attack their opponents, what else can be done, especially if the police will not act? Regardless, it paints a poor picture of the city and of English football.

It’s always tempting to blame the real fans for the behaviour of knob heads. I remember going to Leicester and hearing about four city fans singing racist songs and then it being reported on the press. I always struggle with Liverpool because my mother in law who’s a Liverpool fan is absolutely foul if you ever get on the subject of football. You can’t blame the majority for the minority.

As a fan though, Foden!!

But the minority get away with it year in year out.
Will it take a player blinded for UEFA to act?

If a small mindless minority of a club's 'fan's repeatedly attack their opponents, what else can be done, especially if the police will not act? Regardless, it paints a poor picture of the city and of English football.
Agreed. The fine 3 years ago was derisory but also a bit pointless. This shameful behaviour beggars belief, on the eve of the Hillsborough anniversary too, its disgusting. If they can ID these idiots a lifetime ban is in order at the very least.

Told you we’d score...
I need to start listening to you more Bob!

That was a tense match. Mahrez was fairly quiet but that was massive moment sticking that penalty away. KDB again was just relentless along with the guy who stitches us together in Gundogan but Foden was absolutely brilliant down the especially as Dortmund at last started to tire. The other player who really stood out and makes a joke of his age is Jude Bellingham. What a player he is already. I only saw him play once at Birmingham when he was 16 but I’d been tipped off about him sometime before by their club photographer who couldn’t stop raving about him. It was funny to see this 16 chatting back to players 10 years older than him but making them look a bit stupid when he had the ball, predicted the play etc. He was just a level above already and they knew it. Physically he was already at their level too. I wouldn’t like to place a value on what the likes of Jude & Phil could be worth in 5 years time.

England really are blessed with some talent at the moment and you wouldn’t bet against both of them playing in the Euros. Both are more than ready for it.

Still taking it one game at a time though and nothing won yet.

advertisement

Back