advertisement

Prof Brian Cox’s latest tweet.

They can hear way above human range, maybe he has the cat listening for future hum problems. Although as it’s a Naim you probably don’t need a cat..

That would explain why my moggy is transfixed by vinyl but walks out when I play CDs

My pair seem to prefer FM radio. If I have NPR playing in the background they'll curl up on the sofa and soak it in all day; put on an LP or CD and they're likely to dash off.

My visitor loves Jazz; particularly Miles Davis (Various Albums) and Wes Montgomery (Various Albums) however if I play anything with vocals, he tends to be less relaxed; unless it's Joni Mitchell; in this case he'll sleep upside down...

Anything Dance-like with a 4/4 Beat, he'll ask to leave!

If I take too long to get to the sound system, he'll sniff and look at the 'speakers as well as stand on his hind-legs and look directly at the amplifier! :D

I remember vividly our first cat, Tigger, listening to Time on Dark Side of the Moon. His ears twitching as each clock chimed. If his ears were longer he might have taken off.

I posted an old pic of our (still alive) fluff monster on top of my CDI in that thread. He liked it. I was grinning ear-to-ear.

they all seem to do it......

gAat9OS.jpg

Neither of our cats goes anywhere near any of my hi-fi equipment.

On the rare occasions when they did when they were younger, I made it quite clear that I would prefer them not to, and they seem to have got the message!

Back in the days of repairing video machines you always know if it came from a house with a cat in it.
The quote was always 'it'll be cheaper to buy a new one'.

Does that cat have opposable thumbs, or are they all like that?
His cat has clearly evolved much faster than other cats, you can see a 'normal' cat's paw in several other images. Wonder if that's what happens when you stand next to the super-conducting magnets at CERN? (Doesn't his wife refer to it as the 'Large Hard-on Colluder' IIRC?)

Back in the days of repairing video machines you always know if it came from a house with a cat in it.
The quote was always 'it'll be cheaper to buy a new one'.

Applies to Desktop PCs as well. For some reason Daughter#2's PC was the worst; never understood why, coz all four family PCs were built with the same cases. But in hers, the processor fan actually stopped working coz it was bunged up with cat fur!!! :D:D:D

Applies to Desktop PCs as well. For some reason Daughter#2's PC was the worst; never understood why, coz all four family PCs were built with the same cases. But in hers, the processor fan actually stopped working coz it was bunged up with cat fur!!! :D:D:D

Ran hotter

;)

advertisement

Back