advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading on NUFC sites the sale of the club by Ashley to a Saudi consortium could still go ahead.

The main source is everyone’s favourite, the Daily Mail.

As ever, I’ll believe it when it happens. The FCB is more likely to be trying to save a few bob while the club shop is being painted.

Watched the PSG v Bayern match last night. Really high quality but a few problems in the Bayern camp which probably didn’t help. Sane played on the Right doesn’t look the same player he was for us on the Left but Kingsley Coman looks hard to shift on that side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if PSG go on and win this years CL title the way they were able to dig in and defend but look so dangerous on the break.

I’m not looking forward to tonight’s game against Dortmund. Got a horrible feeling we’re going to mess it up.

Back playing football tonight now the sports centres have opened up again so I’ll be watching it on catch up when get back.

Last edited:
Nice to see a very controlled performance from Chelsea last night. I had feared our inexperience would be exposed, we’ve always had lots of potential going forward but last night we produced a solid defensive performance only marred by one piece of individual skill. Not pretty, but job done.

Neymar and Di Maria quite brilliant last night, a Wonderful contest.

It was great to watch such a high-quality game. It was a little marred, for me, by the constant play-acting but there is no denying the quality. I think my team will go through tonight but I do not say it with total confidence. I hear that the players were woken through the night by industrial fireworks. Like the Liverpool attack on the City coach, I do wish fans would just allow the game to be played without that kind of pathetic nonsense. You may be a fan of your club but you are no fan of football if you get involved in that or do not condemn it, in my view.

Be a tough game for Liverpool tonight. TBH I can't see them getting through with the currently depleted defence and no crowd, but we live in hope.
As much as I despise Real, they did look decent first game.
As ever, first goal will be critical.

They looked decent against the LFC starting 11, less so when Keita was replaced with Thiago.

good luck to both City and the reds tonight, it’d be great to get three teams in the semis

Last edited:
ATB Rack Kit. Should be a good game.

My game will be terrible - I've not played for ages! :D

Yeah, the 'proper' game should be good. If it matches the quality of PSG/Bayern then we're in for a treat. Anyone who loves the game should search for the 64th minute of the game when Angel Di Maria and Neymar exchange two ridiculous passes. It was the kind of thing you see in training but here they were doing it in the quarter finals of the CL.

Reading on NUFC sites the sale of the club by Ashley to a Saudi consortium could still go ahead.

The main source is everyone’s favourite, the Daily Mail.

As ever, I’ll believe it when it happens. The FCB is more likely to be trying to save a few bob while the club shop is being painted.

I think you're right Brian, it's probably just that, save a few bob rather than do the right thing and help the club shop staff through this period. It's just another low under the Ashley regime. I expect that the club shop isn't making money (and certainly won't be during Covid), as lots of fans refuse spend on anything Ashley related out with their season ticket (and many refuse to go altogether now).

Let us hope that the takeover happens now that survival in the Premier League looks more achievable.

I see the Madrid coach has been stoned.

It's disgusting and something needs to be done, especially after that similar Man City coach attach which seemed to be swept under the carpet by the Premier League.

It feels somewhat harsh to punish Liverpool directly, but what else can be done to stop this?

Should Liverpool be thrown out and banned?

It's disgusting and something needs to be done, especially after that similar Man City coach attach which seemed to be swept under the carpet by the Premier League.

It feels somewhat harsh to punish Liverpool directly, but what else can be done to stop this?

Madrid should do what City should have done.
Drive back to the hotel and refuse to play the game.
Scouse scum have been doing it for years with the help of the club and the police publishing routes in advance.

I live in Liverpool and the attack on the City coach was all over social media, was videoed, and was well known that it was going to happen. Despite that, Merseyside police found insufficient evidence to prosecute. The only solution is to prosecute the club in some way.

City with a lot to do. Plenty of chances but the crucial away goal from Dortmund who are physically very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back