advertisement

Bluesound Node 2i stable over wifi?

Fretbuzz

pfm Member
As per title, is it issue-free to use over wifi? Any issues? Assuming a decent wifi speed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, assuming its location allows a good strong wifi signal and there aren't too many other devices running simultaneously, which have high bandwidth requirements.

Cheers.

Is the 2i better than the 2 (none-i) in this regard? I've read it had a better wifi hardware...

Cheers.

Is the 2i better than the 2 (none-i) in this regard? I've read it had a better wifi hardware...
The node2i will work on either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz channels, as others have mentioned.
5Ghz has shorter range but faster speeds.
It does also depend on your house layout and how many devices.

In my upstairs room (with router downstairs) my Node 2i has always worked fine. In this room my phone/laptop/iPad all show strong signal strength while the node (within diagnostics) states a weak signal. Always works fine though - so don't be discouraged if you also find an alleged weak signal.

Cheers.

The Node 2i supports the newer 802.11ac WiFi standard. The Node 2 supports the older 802.11n standard. Both work well and are capable of streaming high resolution lossless audio, as long as you do not place too many obstacles between the streamer and the wireless router or access point.

No problem here. I have fairly recently updated my wifi, the extender solution I had before was a bad match for the Bluesound.

Thanks all. Sounds pretty good then. I'd rather not need a wired connection, and drop-outs would kill it for me.

With the £100 price reduction they had last year - do we know if there's a new model on the way?

It was bollox on wifi for me. I wired it and now no problems.

Could you put that down to anything in particular?

Thanks all. Sounds pretty good then. I'd rather not need a wired connection, and drop-outs would kill it for me.

With the £100 price reduction they had last year - do we know if there's a new model on the way?

It is a safe bet that Bluesound is quietly working on its next generation of products, but as a Bluesound retailer I can tell you that last year's promotional discount was not related to a new product release.

I have yet to encounter a WiFi or other network issue with a Bluesound product that was not down to the network itself. In terms of WiFi specifically, there is a limit to the useful maximum range which is determined by a combination of the distance from the wireless router or access point and the number and type of obstacles that signals must pass through or be reflected around. WiFi networks also have a finite capacity, because the bandwidth is shared with all of the other devices on the network as well as with any neighbouring networks which use the same or overlapping radio channels. I have tried Bluesound products with all of the most popular solutions to WiFi range and capacity problems, including range extenders, mesh networks, multiple access points and power line adapters, all without any problems. If you buy your Bluesound product here, and encounter a problem which cannot be solved by sorting out the network, I will be happy to give you your money back.

advertisement

Back