advertisement

Rega TT lid and PS1 24V power supply

HifiDan

pfm Member
Hi,

does anyone know where either of these might be going cheap???

Would have put a wanted add in classifieds but it seems I’m not worthy yet as only joined a couple of weeks ago!!! Sorry if this breaks any protocols.

Dan.

Original lids for any TT in good condition, apart from the manufacturer, are always a rarity. Most people buy from PR Displays in Leicester - they sell on EPay but you can contact them direct - their bread and butter is commercial signage and fabriicating display cabinets in acrylic.

Power supply - yes, ask here in classified - just get your 50 posts to be able to do that. That apart, use HiFi Shark and consider setting an alert.

Used PS1 power supply for Sale | HifiShark.com

The PS1 looks like a very ordinary wall wart, and if it is, the asking price is 3-5 times what one without a Rega label would cost you.

Rega themselves are generally pretty reasonable for parts, they do however ask customers to go via a dealership.

Hi,

does anyone know where either of these might be going cheap???

Would have put a wanted add in classifieds but it seems I’m not worthy yet as only joined a couple of weeks ago!!! Sorry if this breaks any protocols.

Dan.
The power supply is 350ma, I paid £23 delivered from Analogue Seduction. A generic is £10. Not something you see used much.

A genuine lid is £47, again not something you see going used much, best bet is to check out Vinnys suggestion of PR, I know folk that have used them with success but not for Rega.

Hi,

thanks for your advice, it’s a pain because I’m sure I’ve seen loads of lids on eBay, but as per normal, when you need 1, there isn’t any.

Regarding the PSU, I would only buy a genuine part, just to ensure I get optimal performance etc.

Thanks again,

Dan.

A used lid, once you figure the postage, is probably going to cost you a tenner less than a brand new one so makes little sense. The power supplies, similar deal. They're not expensive and the only reason people replace them is because they are dead.

Trip to the dealer and buy new ones, job done.

If the Rega wall warts die regularly, as seems to be so from comments above, it seems highy likely that they are running "flat out", in which case, using a higher rated unit should mean the PS would last longer - maybe go for 500mA - somthing like these - 24V 500mA power supply | eBay

Rega do not make wall wart power supplies - they will badge stuff made in China.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back