advertisement

Phono stage

If only Arkless was here now he'd tell the OP how great his contraption is and how shit every other one is.

I hear great things about the Big Bottle phono stages, search Ollie out and strike up a convo - it might be worth your while and his too.
TBF, I don’t think Jez has done this. He’s not afraid to criticise what he sees as poor design, but I’ve never seen him run down the competition, and he gives plenty of credit where he sees what he considers good design.

Is Jez in the time-out room or something? :eek:

To the OP, I'm also in the US and bought a Cambridge 640 on Ebay UK without too much trouble; Jez is building me an Arkless Turbo phono stage. I'm looking forward it comparing it to the Dynavector P75 mk. 4 I have now, which I use in MM mode along with a Dynavector SUT and XX-2 mk. 2 cartridge.

Another phono stage that seems to get universally good reviews on here is the Tron Convergence, though it may be a bit over budget and hard to source Stateside.

I am looking for both MM/MC capable amp.
Yes, I am looking for preowned.
Thank you!!
I use a cambridge audio 640p (unmodified) and it sounds pretty good..someone i know who has a 25k turntable uses a 640p ( unmodified ) when his boutique phono amp is being serviced..he also uses incredibly good amps and only listens to vinyl and the radio..says cds are rubbish..he says the 640p is very good for what it is..( high praise )

To the OP, I'm also in the US and bought a Cambridge 640 on Ebay UK without too much trouble; Jez is building me an Arkless Turbo phono stage. I'm looking forward it comparing it to the Dynavector P75 mk. 4 I have now, which I use in MM mode along with a Dynavector SUT and XX-2 mk. 2 cartridge.

Another phono stage that seems to get universally good reviews on here is the Tron Convergence, though it may be a bit over budget and hard to source Stateside.

Hello,

How did you get in the list?
Thank you

You would need to buy either a Cambridge Audio 640p or 651p phono stage to send to him, and then he completely transforms it (he basically uses the case and PSU but builds a completely new audio circuit)... then tag @Arkless Electronics to open dialogue with him.

If you need any help from someone in the UK to source a CA 640/651 to send to Arkless, I’m happy to assist.

Hello

I am not very familiar here.
How does one send role contact Arckless?
I don’t see PM option.
I like to reach out to him and discuss options.
Thank you for the kind offer to help!

Hello

I am not very familiar here.
How does one send role contact Arckless?
I don’t see PM option.
I like to reach out to him and discuss options.
Thank you for the kind offer to help!
If you click on the “Arkless” tag in my previous post, it should bring up his profile, you should then see a “start conversation” option where you can message him privately.

He has been a little scarce on here for a few days, I’m hoping all is well with him.

One thing to bear in mind is the capacitance of the phono stage, in respect to your cartridge.

If you want a good low capictance mc/mm - try the Cambridge DUO. I had a Graham Slee Gram 2 MC stage and that was pretty good - dont be tempted to over spend though, snake oil and all that

TBF, I don’t think Jez has done this. He’s not afraid to criticise what he sees as poor design, but I’ve never seen him run down the competition, and he gives plenty of credit where he sees what he considers good design.
Upon reflection you are right. I mistook him rating his own stage against others for a bit of sniping. Sorry Jez, even though you probably can't get on to read this.

And the pm option disappears until you’re let back in again, so the OP won’t be able to make contact until Jez is back.

yes, I have been searching to PM but couldn’t.
I thought there was some sort of invite needed to contact him via PM.
Thank you all !

Upon reflection you are right. I mistook him rating his own stage against others for a bit of sniping. Sorry Jez, even though you probably can't get on to read this.
I have seen being very complementary over certain products... I remember reading his thoughts on the Paradise phono stage, he rated that very highly.

advertisement

Back