advertisement

Naim Nait 5i repair

say it as it is

pfm Member
Hi can anyone point me a good place to get a very low hours Nait5i repaired?
issue apparently is known to Naim , randomly switching inputs when in use, have tried blocking off the remote is not that apparently its a board needs changing?

Tried Class A as they would have to contact Naim for parts they advises I send it to the factory.

issue is at £300 plus it makes it an expensive 5i and they don't go for much even mint ones like this.

looking for suggestions for anyone who can diagnose and fix this at sensible money

chee

I got my 5i repaired for €250 years ago. It was a part named the octocoupler?! My problem was the input would start flashing after 30 or 40 mins and nothing would respond, remote or buttons, I'm guessing it was a design fault hence the short time in production.

late 2007 model but spent more time in a box than being used so no way it should have failed by now.

annoying thing is sounds great when it behaves

When I sold my Yamaha 501 it was 2 years old. Within a couple of weeks the new owner detected a relay fault. After researching there were several reports about a relay issue with the amp. I wrote to Yamaha and they arranged to collect it, repair it and return it to the owner. No quibbles. No fuss. I was so impressed as was the new owner. Other companies could do this. Rega does. If it’s a known issue, email Naim. Explain how much you love the product but are disappointed that a known issue should be treated as standard and costly repair. See what they say. If they aren’t sympathetic you could sell it for parts and buy a different brand. For me, after market care is as important as the product itself.

It’s a good amp, I would get it repaired. Naim may look kindly on it if you contact them direct?
Yes it's a good amp and if you're keeping it for good then yes get it fixed, but I don't think naim will look kindly on a design fault amp freebie repair.

I'm guessing it was a design fault hence the short time in production.

4 years only
Italic 6 years and Si now 8 years.
Thats 18 years on my calculator.

Splendid involving amps, need a bit volume and not that revealing, Prat is not lacking.
Recall they are in fact poweramps with passive volume (cost effective) and input selector added.

No idea if fault was exclusive first edition, but Naim will never admit it anyway.
Failing and faded oled screen displays another issue on Uniti's, which put extra expenses against customer.

When I sold my Yamaha 501 it was 2 years old. Within a couple of weeks the new owner detected a relay fault. After researching there were several reports about a relay issue with the amp. I wrote to Yamaha and they arranged to collect it, repair it and return it to the owner. No quibbles. No fuss. I was so impressed as was the new owner. Other companies could do this. Rega does. If it’s a known issue, email Naim. Explain how much you love the product but are disappointed that a known issue should be treated as standard and costly repair. See what they say. If they aren’t sympathetic you could sell it for parts and buy a different brand. For me, after market care is as important as the product itself.

maybe off topic but my experience with Yamaha support has been fantastic, too. They replaced my AS-2000 very easily. I also checked to see if I could order a spare set of knobs for my AS-801 as my daughter decided that scratching them with her fingernail was fun. It was easy and inexpensive to order those parts.

advertisement

Back