advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

Just looking at prices and I’ve probably doubled my money. Only the Death Star hasn’t increased much. Although I did get a free final duel set which has increased. Happy at that.

I haven’t calculated mine for ages now. We seem to have lost isinclair about a year and a half back, and he did the cool spreadsheets. Hope he’s ok.

I just built this Jaguar set and although it's pretty good, seriously, too many stickers!!!

EDIT: 18 stickers on the Formula-E Jag and 47 on the off-road one. Like I say, too many stickers!!!

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I built a cupboard to store some of my larger sets, which includes nine of the modular buildings.

ACtC-3efiPnCTFuduW7nHY8dPX7NKOJ1_8zjpX3YHOtjjlWGhRYJMb0L6dBkfCtJ3Xsc6DzZtcC292Xe4s5VC3fR8XnV4PsiiDfxw6hh8sK1OYja_mJ8eyYKa2HlGU0A12xhv3stX8odqiPXG-s8T9Or3eaK=w1052-h1402-no

I just bought one of these Lego Ice-Cream Van sets for £9 at my local Morrisons. Reports of it being nationwide, but no guarantee of availability as usual.

91PLNvWsJRL._AC_UL320_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Sold my 911 GT3 RS recently for a fair bit more than I paid for it back 2016. It was unbuilt so that makes a huge difference but I’ve earned more money on it than I’ve had back from interest on savings in the bank. I just wish I’d bought a few more sets at the time now.
I've got one of those in MISB condition in a closet too. The set for sensible money, of which I wish I bought a few more, is the Wall-E 21303. Pricing for MISB sets are nuts. I suppose that's because it's cute as a button. I could not resist building my set, which I have since disassembled and put it back into the box. Even a built-once set goes for more than double the original retail price.

I've got one of those in MISB condition in a closet too. The set for sensible money, of which I wish I bought a few more, is the Wall-E 21303. Pricing for MISB sets are nuts. I suppose that's because it's cute as a button. I could not resist building my set, which I have since disassembled and put it back into the box. Even a built-once set goes for more than double the original retail price.
Keep it! Could be worth more than a real 911 in 10 years time!

MISB?

About a year and a half ago, I counted a well over a hundred sets at least, from the old Space, Pirate, and some of the earlier Star Wars sets, all in their boxes. They had been built at least once, then put back away. After some serious thought, I took them down to a place where kids could enjoy them. Yeah, thought about the money in those boxes, but it made me feel so much better to think of them now actually being played with and enjoyed. I still have my Yellow Submarine and a train set, and while collecting was fun, probably not again for me. It is still fun to see what you all have and come up with! Lego has to be one of the coolest toys ever.

advertisement

Back