advertisement

Selling close up accessories

peterm

pfm Member
I've just (re)discovered a range of Minolta close up equipment (auto bellows 3 and focus rail, macro stand etc) from 30 - 40 years ago which used to belong to my late father, long since deceased, that since clearing his house has been forgotten in my cupboard for years.
It's all boxed and the items are still in their individual original polythene bags, with instructions, and show no signs of ever having been used.

Having been a "holiday snapper" in the past this equipment is of no interest to me and I am wondering what is the best way to try and dispose of it.

I assume it's too good to take to a charity shop (and they probably wouldn't want it anyway!).
Doses anyone have any experience of the dealers who advertise online and buy used photo equipment?

Any advice welcomed as I'm out of my comfort zone with this (I'm usually on the Audio related forums).

Ffordes will buy outright or sell on commission, disposed of my Canon 35mm gear through them very happy with the results. They are probably best placed to sell on "classic" gear.

You could try on here in the photo section , I would be intrested if you can email some photos , Are the bellows light tight , No leaks ?
I have used Ffords before but on a buy only they give you very little , I was dissapointed
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
.. Incidentally, worth bearing in mind that the interest for a lot of old photo gear is quite low and prices could be disappointing.

Unless of course the gear in question is much sought after = rare or top brand stuff (e.g. Leica, Hasselblad)
Run of the mill brands like Pentax, Olympus, Minolta, etc. generally fetch peanuts

Thanks for the suggestions.

That ebay listing was interesting, just like my bits except that my focus rail and slide copier are in white/blue boxes which, I think, were slightly later.

The items I have are Auto bellows III, Focusing Rail AB-III, Slide Copier AB-III, Macro Stand AB-III, Microscope Adapter II and Extension Tube II. All boxed with instructions.

All appear unused except for the extension tubes.

AudioAl, if you're interested in any of these pm me your email details and I'll try and get some photos to you, otherwise I now have some idea of value to post in classifieds or the dreaded eBay!

Thanks to all.

Somewhat similarly, my late father's dozens and dozens of Minolta SLRs and assorted paraphernalia will need to be sold sometime soon. I wasn't looking forward to selling them on ebay, so maybe Ffordes is an option worth looking at - thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the suggestions.

That ebay listing was interesting, just like my bits except that my focus rail and slide copier are in white/blue boxes which, I think, were slightly later.

The items I have are Auto bellows III, Focusing Rail AB-III, Slide Copier AB-III, Macro Stand AB-III, Microscope Adapter II and Extension Tube II. All boxed with instructions.

All appear unused except for the extension tubes.

AudioAl, if you're interested in any of these pm me your email details and I'll try and get some photos to you, otherwise I now have some idea of value to post in classifieds or the dreaded eBay!

Thanks to all.

Hi , Best put it on ebay , I didn't realise they were that valuable

advertisement

Back