advertisement

Exposure Bi Amping Question

I started a thread years ago about passive bi-amping, the replies and explanations I got convinced me it does nothing. So decided to buy a better amp. Having said that I know that Bob at Neat used to do it with a Supernait, and a 250; he admits it's marginal though.

One should never take other people's view as gospel, especially the more vocal types who would like to be your guru. Until you have tried it with a certain speaker you will never know for sure.

Don't bother in my view, the 3010S2D is a wonderful and highly accomplished amp. More capable speakers will achieve better results, spend the budget here.

Interesting to read everyone’s comments that bi amping if it does make a difference is minimal.

To note I am very happy with my current amplifier as it drives my current speakers with ease but also has a very refined sound.

At some point I intend to change my speakers for floor standards and one pair I am interested in is the b&w 804d3 (used) so my concern would be that I need a amplifier at a higher price point to make the most of them. That said I read a review which reckons my amp pairs really well with the 805d3 so possibly would be okay.

That’s just one idea however, I’m also looking at spendor, pmc, proac and others...

One should never take other people's view as gospel, especially the more vocal types who would like to be your guru. Until you have tried it with a certain speaker you will never know for sure.
Well as a matter of fact I did hear it with my speakers (Neat Vito SE having a new crossover) at the Neat factory and if there was a difference it was very slight.

advertisement

Back