advertisement

Name a 'beautiful' amplifier.

If we're allowing stripped down simplicity I'm also voting for the Densen Big Knob.

densen-b100-slika-45656822.jpg

Whilst I can appreciate the work that has gone into the design of some (large) products such as D'Agostini and others I wouldn't want them in my living room. I think I would find them distractive, oppressive and austentatious.

I may be in a minority but for me, Music/Hifi has to be heard not seen and I am willing to trade a little performance/loudness for that.

Apologies, wasn't trying to spoil it but I do think some of the amps posted were not what I'd class as beautiful, which only goes to show, as others have said, that beauty is very subjective. I was interested to see if there was a similar divergence of opinion in respect of something like the Metaxas kit which, as far as I can tell, is intentionally designed to shock. It's art as much as technology.

Apologies, wasn't trying to spoil it but I do think some of the amps posted were not what I'd class as beautiful, which only goes to show, as others have said, that beauty is very subjective. I was interested to see if there was a similar divergence of opinion in respect of something like the Metaxas kit which, as far as I can tell, is intentionally designed to shock. It's art as much as technology.
His open reel kind of appeals in a Trekky way

advertisement

Back