advertisement

50W TOCA in there home.

CJ14

O.H.
We have a lot in common vorsprung,
durch ...I built class A Amps with my good friend Colin Wonfor TOCA (touch of class A) Seca (single ended class A) look him up the man is a genius his list of acomplishments is truly astounding ...this is my set up at home my single ended Amps run at 1200 w current lots of heat but only 50 watts of single ended class A sound but pure as valve Amp but far more bass ..each amp has 5 circuit boards with 6 jam jar sized capacitors on each board ..the trasformer is doughnut the full size of the bottom of that structure .to switch on is a two stage switch ..you just touch the A on the front I laid a gold wire in it Colin designed that lots of heat as I said hence the big heat sinks top to bottom ..(these where the small ones we did do 300amp single class A .) ..audio research pre amp nakamichi cassette ..micro mega solo and marantz cd63se signature tweaked .and my modded ruark sabre speakers ..Mitchel synchro turn table ..the stands and cabinet I made out of ham stone I didn’t carve my mate did ..I still love my vinyl and yellow sound so much nicer ..
If you have heard of krell American co he was blown away with the sound ..no one since has done this ..

index.php

I like the lamp actually, really smart.

Was going to post a comment by the 2001 image saying 'could've been worse' but the pic took me too long to get working.

All the electronics was done by me, the stone work was done by Mr. Foster.
Oh 50W/8R, 100W/4R 180W/2R so not like a normal SECA this had 20 FETS and 20 Constant current drives and DC coupled.
The 300W had 80 FETS and 80 Constant current drives and suck mains at 1800W, Caps 3 of banks at 1.5F and 2 of 2KVA transformer each mono amp.
Toys

@CJ14, did I read you were/are/currently designing a super integrated amp?

I am it has been fun taking note of what the music lovers of this forum like.
I hate remote control, nasty noise generators especially when they are digital.
So I am using a tone burst technique which is analog no nasty crystal pumping the world with RFI Junk.
It is a old system and the early telephone used it for numbers. Except I will be using frequencies over 1Mhz way pass my hearing and not square waves but sin waves.
I will means each remote will be unique to each other so if it is stolen, no working. I will keep spare remotes that with the serial number record can be tuned to your system.
Also it will ignore the TV remote yipeee.

The amp:-
MC, MM, CD/REVRIAA, CD standard, 2 Aux, a non active DAC it will only come alive when you USB power it. and 40 - 60W RMS into 8 Ohm double to 2 Ohms.
Dual Mono, 18W Class A, Auto trigger, 45 - 60 Min time out (ECO).
And about 30Kgs
Oh Black

So watch Alan's WEB page.

Now please forgive me my writing skills are garbage.

Best Col

That sounds awesome Colin, look forward to following this - colour me interested :)

The amp:-
MC, MM, CD/REVRIAA, CD standard, 2 Aux, a non active DAC it will only come alive when you USB power it. and 40 - 60W RMS into 8 Ohm double to 2 Ohms.
Dual Mono, 18W Class A, Auto trigger, 45 - 60 Min time out (ECO).
And about 30Kgs
Oh Black

Can you add a optical/toshlink too?

Why build in a DAC if it needs external power? Stand alone would be preferable in that case IMHO.

Actually, it would be in any case so you can pick your own DAC based on sound, number and type of inputs, etc.

Digital inputs are a must for most these day. I personally don't know why an integrated wouldn't have them TBH, that's the whole point of such a product by definition alone!

Last edited:
Lovely setup indeed, I am lucky to now own those Seca 50's and have given them a loving home. They are almost as tall as my Impulse H2's. Colin is a genius indeed

The word "overkill" is obviously not in your vocabulary, along with the word "their". :)

NO, not a chance, why buy a 5L Motor car when a 50cc Moped will do?
Try fitting 5 people on a moped, I did wheels broke, OK I am 18st and 6ft 4inch and my family are bigger, so we bought a Tank then sold it on Ubay. ;)

Having a bad day, Barts wants to cut my chest up again, not nice. Just hope the ticker still work after the refitted spring.:mad::confused::eek:

NO, not a chance, why buy a 5L Motor car when a 50cc Moped will do?
Try fitting 5 people on a moped, I did wheels broke, OK I am 18st and 6ft 4inch and my family are bigger, so we bought a Tank then sold it on Ubay. ;)

Having a bad day, Barts wants to cut my chest up again, not nice. Just hope the ticker still work after the refitted spring.:mad::confused::eek:

Good luck with the op, you should be in good hands, Bart’s has a long history with blood matters, William Harvey discovered how blood circulates through the human body there.

advertisement

Back