advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

1.jpg

Spot of cosmic jazz from Shabaka Hutchings and Co, anyone? Out in May

tr458_lloyd_cole_solo_box2_3000px_rgb_500.jpg

This has been out a few years on CD but I learned today it's also been out a few months on vinyl as a 7 disc set. Includes his post-Commotions studio albums, with Love Story on vinyl for the first time, along with the shelved (but later partly released on other albums) Smile If You Want To. Plus 2 LPs of demos.

In addition to the new-to vinyl stuff I'm chuffed to be finally replacing my pristine first presses of X, DGWOMB and Bad Vibes that I stupidly sold to a mate 20 odd years ago (and despite not having had a record player this century won't sell back to me).

Available at a spendtastic £160+ from a couple of shops in Blighty but €135 delivered direct from Tapete in Germany.

https://shop.tapeterecords.com/lloyd-cole-lloyd-cole-in-new-york-7-lp-boxset.htm

Yeah, I noticed Antidrepressant today too, and nabbed the box set when it came out.

Music in a Foreign Language is next up for a vinyl reissue according to Lloyd's site.

coming back on one the santana Abraxas mofi one step this is the best version i have heard i have had virtually every other version inc first pressing and nothing compares.
Carole king tapestry is scheduled for the one step which i have on order
Stevie ray vaughn couldn't stand the weather one step another great album
Patrica barber cafe blue one step from impex another great album.
What i say is get the audiophile versions which i think will be the last of what will be available these tapes are old and i don't think they will be released again

Spot of cosmic jazz from Shabaka Hutchings and Co, anyone? Out in May

There’s an orange vinyl limited copy if you hunt around. I’ve preordered through Rough Trade.

PS Being somewhat slow to this That London jazz party I’d totally missed that there were two earlier albums before Your Queen Is A Reptile (which was my introduction), Burn, and Lest We Forget, both on Naim Jazz of all things. I grabbed them earlier this week and they seem very good on first play.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There’s an orange vinyl limited copy if you hunt around. I’ve preordered through Rough Trade.

PS Being somewhat slow to this That London jazz party I’d totally missed that there were two earlier albums before Your Queen Is A Reptile (which was my introduction), Burn, and Lest We Forget, both on Naim Jazz of all things. I grabbed them earlier this week and they seem very good on first play.

A mate introduced me to them a while back and for whatever reason they didn’t seem to hit the spot but on listening again, I’m loving them!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looking forward to hearing the new Dry Cleaning album New Long Leg which is now available.

Trunk released this last week and it is so good.

Tony, did I do the link right?

I ended up buying a new copy of this, prompted by an interesting Margaret Attwood article in the Graun. I'd completely forgotten about O Superman, but it never loses its novelty

41%2BSw5PHoHL._AC_.jpg

I ended up buying a new copy of this, prompted by an interesting Margaret Attwood article in the Graun. I'd completely forgotten about O Superman, but it never loses its novelty

41%2BSw5PHoHL._AC_.jpg
Thanks nero
I almost forgot this one

This years first drop on RSD includes vinyls of Steely Dan's Two Against Nature (double) and Everything Must Go. Apart from the live album if I can bag these I will have the full studio set. If the quality is anything like Fagen's Cheap Xmas vinyl box set this will be worth getting.

advertisement

Back