advertisement

Which musicians have lived on your street ?

Jeff Lynne of ELO used to live around the corner and put the place on the map in All Over the World.

London, Hamburg, Paris, Rome, Rio, Hong Kong, Tokyo
L.A., New York, Amsterdam, Monte Carlo, Shard End

We had various members of Norn Iron flute-bands living on our street over the years.
Not entirely sure if that qualifies on the musician front though..

Martin Moscropmfrom ACR lived a few houses down from us and I believe Martin Hannett and / or Rob Gretton lived on my current road. The Bee Gees went to the school on my road and lived nearby.

You can also bump into the odd Stone Rose, 808stater, Dove, Charlatan, Elbower and Damon Gough. Bez knocked around locally for a while too, but that's really music-related.....

I had to deny entrance to a charity event to a member of First Aid Kit because they wanted to bring a dog in (her boyfriend - who lived close-by was performing) and racist Mozzer lived on the other side of our park, when Johny Marr knocked on his front door.

No, I don't live in Liverpool.....

The Bay City Rollers nearly bought the house I grew up in in North Berwick. Rumour was that a Hawkwind bassist lived 2 doors down ( not Lemmy!).

Rita Ora.

When she moved in a few paps/tabloid journos turned up looking for tidbits. Not a chance they were getting anything out of me, I think the other neighbours were the same.

I used to live in Crayford. Keith Richards grew up in the flat above the florists in my street and he and Mick Jagger went to the primary school at the end of my garden.

I also once bought a pair of cycling shoes from Bernie Torme's bass player.

The other one from Bros (who got dumped early on, for not looking aryan enough), lived round the corner from my folks.

I used to live in Crayford. Keith Richards grew up in the flat above the florists in my street and he and Mick Jagger went to the primary school at the end of my garden.

I also once bought a pair of cycling shoes from Bernie Torme's bass player.

I think we are entering into the ‘six degrees of separation’ territory here but when I was at college in Dartford in the mid 70’s one of our hall cleaners was Mick Jagger’s aunty.

Nobody famous has ever lived on our current road as far as I know. Jools Holland used to live just round the corner from us when we lived in That London.

Son in law's a French musician and writer and he's been to stay a few times.

First time he arrived expecting no decent food and after six weeks left with a changed opinion and an extra stone.

He's reroofing their house during lockdown but hopes to change back into a musician for a few summer gigs.

advertisement

Back