advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
An already cool apartment just got cooler! :)
Just to update my last post, I finally managed to source a mid century Ladderax record cabinet locally at a not insane price. :)

QS93U5E.jpg

you've even managed to get an authentic yellowed/tobacco stained rad in behind the sofa - respekt! :D

That made me laugh. When the painter was doing the room last summer, he decided to leave them and in the interest of frugality I went along with it. Now that you've publicly shamed me they might just get a coat of white gloss later this year. :D

Where's the ashtray and 20 B&H Gold though?

Banished and I'm pleased to say that I haven't smoked for nine weeks.

An already cool apartment just got cooler! :)

Thanks hockman. Found an extra shelf for the Ladderax yesterday. :)

UbPZofL.jpg

they might just get a coat of white gloss later this year

T-cut should sort it. Worth a try before painting anyway.

Does the Frame change the artwork automatically or do you select it? Either way it's blooming lovely!

Jim

T-cut should sort it. Worth a try before painting anyway.

Jim, I think the radiators were originally off white and have just yellowed slightly with age rather than nicotine. I didn't actually smoke more than four or five per day in here and so there was no nicotine staining on the walls when I removed the pictures prior to painting. On that basis do you still think T-cut would be worth a try?

Does the Frame change the artwork automatically or do you select it? Either way it's blooming lovely!

Jim

I just change the artwork when I feel like it but you can have it on rotation. It's very flexible software.

Finally put together the headphone "system" in a dedicated location, and not a selection of cupboards to house various bits.

omwtVi4.jpg

Currently in the roster - Denon AH-D7200, AKG K-701, Sennheiser HD-650. All recabled / reterminated for balanced operation. Missing from the picture is the AKG K-1000, currently undergoing re-termination.

The actual kit driving all these:

PQvO4sH.jpg

Trafomatic Head One for a valved amplifier, SAC KH-1000 for a balanced transistor amplifier, Matrix Audio mini-i 3 Pro for the source (networked DAC being feed from the ROCK powering the main system).

Equipment rack is DIY heavily influenced by Tabula Rasa designs (beech and maple solid wood + tempered glass shelves), headphone stands are DIY (aluminium + Delrin) heavily influenced by Woo Audio HPS which were perpetually out-of-stock so I resigned making my own.

Nice work 'InSides' in making your own rack and headphone stand. All the cables look identical on your headphones, are they after market cables and if so what brand?

So I recabled all of the headphones using mostly ViaBlue supplies.

ViaBlue EPC-4 headphone cable, Neutrik XLR for the amp end, ViaBlue "small" sleeving, ViaBlue SC-4/2 splitters, ViaBlue T6s "small" 3.5mm jacks and generic HD-650 jacks. On the AKG's I had the cable hardwired, using glued retainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back