advertisement

Bruce Springsteen, Barack Obama, ATC SCM25A speakers.

AndyU

pfm Member
Beat this for an endorsement!

EcNGfEe.jpg

(and no obvious room treatment either).

"(and no obvious room treatment either)."

the rugs ;) but more likely to stop the chairs moving, esp when you sit down :D

There is a Bruce film that comes with most recent record . The Atc’s feature throughout . But with those two it’s another level. Must listen to the podcasts

There is a Bruce film that comes with most recent record . The Atc’s feature throughout . But with those two it’s another level. Must listen to the podcasts
Yes, I’ve seen the movie. They had the speakers on top of the desk. The film was good - it is also on Apple TV + which I happen to have a free sub to. Typical ATC, couldn’t get a better promo opportunity, but they keep quiet.

Also I’ve just remembered that there’s a good Taylor Swift movie on Apple TV too where you can see her songwriting and recording with ATCs. Her music might not be your cup of tea, it’s not mine for sure, but watching her work creatively is fascinating.

Her music might not be your cup of tea, it’s not mine for sure, but watching her work creatively is fascinating.

I watched a vid of her playing acoustic guitar and singing to a small audience and have to say, she was very good. Still don't want any of her records though.

Yes, I’ve seen the movie. They had the speakers on top of the desk. The film was good - it is also on Apple TV + which I happen to have a free sub to. Typical ATC, couldn’t get a better promo opportunity, but they keep quiet.
It's a really interesting photograph. However I wonder, from having seen videos of the ATC premises, what their maximum production rate might be and whether they could cope with increased demand from better promotion.

AIUI some time ago they stopped providing their mid-range dome to others (PMC, K&H, possibly others). It was said, IIRC, that they could barely keep production rates high enough to satisfy demand for it in their own products, let alone others. From some that might seem like an excuse but in this case it looks quite believable.

However I wonder, from having seen videos of the ATC premises, what their maximum production rate might be and whether they could cope with increased demand from better promotion.

Working at full capacity is not a bad position to be in. Just because there is more demand, doesn't mean you obliged to meet it. When I bought my Planar 3 years ago there was a six-months waiting list. Expanding is risky as if you get bigger, so do your overheads and if there is a downturn you can end up in trouble. Lot of companies go bust that way.

It's a really interesting photograph. However I wonder, from having seen videos of the ATC premises, what their maximum production rate might be and whether they could cope with increased demand from better promotion.

AIUI some time ago they stopped providing their mid-range dome to others (PMC, K&H, possibly others). It was said, IIRC, that they could barely keep production rates high enough to satisfy demand for it in their own products, let alone others. From some that might seem like an excuse but in this case it looks quite believable.
They seem to be very strong with pro studio installs of the highest calibre. Sterling Sound for example have just re-equipped their studios with ATC speakers in Northward designed rooms:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/1265328-new-sterling-sound-mastering.html

and it must have been quite nice to get the order for this Dolby Atmos studio in Nashville .. six flyable SCM100ASL Pros, six stand-mounted versions, a single center SCM300ASL Pro, and six subwoofers to go alongside the already existing pair of SCM300ASLs

http://atcloudspeakers.co.uk/2019/1...-music-with-15-atc-monitors-6-atc-subwoofers/

There's no other company I can think of selling active loudspeakers who make their own drive units with such a strong presence professionally and domestically.

Working at full capacity is not a bad position to be in. Just because there is more demand, doesn't mean you obliged to meet it. When I bought my Planar 3 years ago there was a six-months waiting list. Expanding is risky as if you get bigger, so do your overheads and if there is a downturn you can end up in trouble. Lot of companies go bust that way.
Absolutely. I have seen criticism about ATC not expanding into newer technologies but I haven't seen any justification from the critics about why they should.

I have seen criticism about ATC not expanding into newer technologies but I haven't seen any justification from the critics about why they should.

And very good reason why they shouldn't. Studios do not want to mix on speakers that bear no resemblance to the technology the end user will have at home. It's not the place for weird kit. You want reliable, consistent, conventional technology.

Absolutely. I have seen criticism about ATC not expanding into newer technologies but I haven't seen any justification from the critics about why they should.
I am sure over the years many people have told Bruce Springsteen that all you need is DSP and a kazoo to surpass the sound of his 1950s mongrel Telecaster, but he still keeps playing his Tele.

advertisement

Back