advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
R-33256-1348254965-1266.jpeg.jpg

A Certain Ratio - Force (Vinyl, bought off here)

Never heard the album, but had heard Pacific 202 before, which did nowt for me. Wrong rhythm for my legs.

Glad I swerved this style, and the Baggie thing, left me unscathed. Still interesting to hear the album. It sounds so dated. Didn’t realise ZTT were involved.

R-3497-1221815312.jpeg.jpg

More Images

808 State ‎– Ninety
Label:
ZTT ‎– 246 461-2
Format:
CD, Album
Europe
Released:
04 Dec 1989
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
Techno

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Still available on Amazon, playing the download on the c.d. player now. The vinyl is great, double album. It is remastered, just doesn’t say on Discogs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014VLVRLY/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

R-7788320-1448794011-2354.jpeg.jpg

Gary Numan ‎– Telekon
Label:
Beggars Banquet ‎– BBQLP19
Format:
2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Gatefold
UK & Europe
Released:
23 Oct 2015
Thought it was just a reissue, now in Amazon basket :D Next weekends vinyl session can kick off with it...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thought it was just a reissue, now in Amazon basket :D Next weekends vinyl session can kick off with it...

Doesn’t sound like a reissue.
There is another vinyl remaster in red vinyl in the same year I think, labelled remaster.

Just dug out my record. Saved a sticker off of the shrinkwrap. It states
“mastered from HD digital 96/24 transfers of analogue tapes”

(whatever that means)

It sounds good, and I have an original release, but it is past its best. If you are a fan of the album, then I would recommend it. The download is useful as well.
(note: as far as I recall, it is an Amazon music download, not a download card)

Doesn’t sound like a reissue.
There is another vinyl remaster in red vinyl in the same year I think, labelled remaster.

Just dug out my record. Saved a sticker off of the shrinkwrap. It states
“mastered from HD digital 96/24 transfers of analogue tapes”

(whatever that means)

It sounds good, and I have an original release, but it is past its best. If you are a fan of the album, then I would recommend it. The download is useful as well.
(note: as far as I recall, it is an Amazon music download, not a download card)
I’ll see if I can find it on Qobuz, I have a few LPs in the Amazon basket, I use it more as a place to store possibles and then decide mid week what to buy for the weekend, if anything, problem is in lockdown it’s never if but how many are arriving :) This thread is a bit like Roon radio for discovering and rediscovering bands.

the KLF - space

y/tube, will ask an old mucker to do me a hi-res cd of this. never been a truly cd lover, but when he sends me some they are superb quality.

Television - Marquee Moon - original vinyl - new wave New Yorkers who could play guitar. Haven’t listened to this for years. Interesting song structures and chord sequences. Definitely NOT 12 bar blues! Sounds great.

sold mine a few years back, oh well

Television - Marquee Moon - original vinyl - new wave New Yorkers who could play guitar. Haven’t listened to this for years. Interesting song structures and chord sequences. Definitely NOT 12 bar blues! Sounds great.

Mine looks like Torvil & Dean have been at it. Plays, but not the best. I think there was a recent (ish) reissue.

Badfinger - Straight Up (Apple CD rip 2010)

If any of The Beatles have written a better song than the album version of 'Name of the Game' then I'm all ears (and more importantly, heart).
Two of the best pop songs ever share the same title - Abba's best tune as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back