advertisement

Starting to get warmer... any other motorcyclists gearing up on here?

Made worse by there being an Enfield dealer about 2 miles away:(

An Enfield is a possible as a first big bike for my son once he passes his test, as he loves the look of them. Something like the Meteor maybe, as that'd also be good for my wife (who has a full bike license but is somewhat on the short side so likes a low seat height).

I tested the Himalayan, but whilst it made me laugh, it was seriously underpowered as a road bike. The 500 makes much more sense there. I'd just have the full on Bullet tho I'm tempted to make something like this? (Not an Enfield!)

harley tuktuk by johndutf, on Flickr

I was at a funeral earlier today and one of the attendees turned up on a nicely restored Yamaha RD350LC (although I objected to the tiny LED indicators on the back - partly because they were useless, and partly 'cause they're not authentic). Had a quick chat with the chap and he had quite an interesting fleet of bikes, including an MV Augusta F3, a Rickman Kawasaki and a 450cc single Ducati.

I was at a funeral earlier today and one of the attendees turned up on a nicely restored Yamaha RD350LC (although I objected to the tiny LED indicators on the back - partly because they were useless, and partly 'cause they're not authentic). Had a quick chat with the chap and he had quite an interesting fleet of bikes, including an MV Augusta F3, a Rickman Kawasaki and a 450cc single Ducati.

The chap has impeccable taste:cool:

My test ride on a new Ducati 450 single nearly took out a couple of fillings. The smaller singles ar nicer though

I nearly bought a Ducati sports tourer once, an ST4S, before I realised what a very stupid idea that was and got a Honda instead! It was very, very pretty though.

My wife saved me from an ST4S, she hated it on a test ride, I could see past the blurred instruments up to 3000rpm, the rock hard suspension and the ATCO clutch but the boss made me buy a 955ST Triumph, she was right of course!

I nearly bought a Ducati sports tourer once, an ST4S, before I realised what a very stupid idea that was and got a Honda instead! It was very, very pretty though.

My wife saved me from an ST4S, she hated it on a test ride, I could see past the blurred instruments up to 3000rpm, the rock hard suspension and the ATCO clutch but the boss made me buy a 955ST Triumph, she was right of course!

I think it was the CBF1000GT I got instead, and given I still have it 11 years later it was probably the right choice.

I may need to scratch that Ducati itch at some point though, but perhaps not a sports tourer.

The 250 Desmo is a wonderful thing assuming you're a young shortarse like I was when I last rode one! I never got to try the bigger singles, pity the 450 sounds spoilt by vibes.

I nearly bought a 900SS specifically as a ride to work bike once.... just for the absurdity of it... and that it could be fun. Not THE 900SS, this was the cheapo one, new about 20 years ago, with air cooled motor but only about 65BHP and was in a nice looking tubular frame with rather cheap suspension and ancillaries. I saw sense and stuck to the VFR750.

Not sure why but I quite fancy a 600SS, possibly because it's slow and I'm less likely to hurt myself.

advertisement

Back